Sign in to follow this  
E30CHCH

14" Basketweave Center Caps

LOOKING TO BUY CENTER CAP FOR 14" BASKETWEAVES. 

Backstory 

Hey guys, I've just purchased a set of Basketweaves for my E30. I took the set to a local tyre store, all went well until after getting home my rear right cap had fallen out. Quite frustrated considering I had just purchased them, paid to have them installed and then get done over by something that may seem small but as you would all know, without the center cap they look hideous.

I drove back and forth too see if i could see where it had fallen off, couldn't find it anywhere so I went back into the store. Was basically told thats life and that he can't do much about it. Being a teenager I've noticed it very common to just be told to f**k off by many employees etc when they are in the wrong. 
I am going to head back in and expect a replacement or the funds for a replacement.

If you guys have any ideas of the worth of a single center cap. Please let me know.
Thanks heaps, Lagan

2 minutes ago, Palazzo said:

15” ones are around $100.

Where would I find one of those for sale? Cheers.

2 minutes ago, Deano1968 said:

The 15" caps don't fit the 14" wheels.

Yeah I googled that, going to try contact BMW today. Will keep it updated.

Contacted the owner today, he said he'll be in the store soon and ring me back. He claimed the guy had been looking around for it but hadn't found it yet.
Going to ask for around $80 compensation as a replacement cost. After driving for 40 min+ searching in all gutters etc on the route I went had no success.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002IVCFDY/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A22LWEMCXESXCG
This is the single cap i'll be ordering if he is willing to give me the deserved compensation... we'll see.
Wish me luck fellas.

On 8/23/2019 at 8:09 AM, Deano1968 said:

The 15" caps don't fit the 14" wheels.

I know, I was trying to give him an idea of cost.