Sign in to follow this  
qube

E46 aircon wiring issue help

any good sparkies in akl that can help to look at our e46 with a dead aircon. have checked the obvious things but cant figure it out..

What have you checked / diagnosed so far ?

11 hours ago, qube said:

any good sparkies in akl that can help to look at our e46 with a dead aircon. have checked the obvious things but cant figure it out..

me

Actually my dad is working on it but from what he’s told me he’s replaced the ac clutch as it wasn’t moving but after that it still doesn’t move after starting the car.  It will work however if he puts power on it via wire directly. The relay is a bit weird he reckons the wire going to the relay has been swapped over? Tbh it’s a bit past my knowledge so I’m not not even sure if what I’m explaining it correctly. 

Bottom on line is ac has never worked since we got the car and we suspect it hasn’t worked in a long time. Jap import btw

It won't switch with no gas. We used Cool Cars in Manukau for all our Aircon work. Give Peter a call (09)2635777 open on Monday

Edited by B.M.W Ltd

The issue is the clutch wont stick with the switch. If we force the connection manually via wire then it sticks and the aircon will work. 

Hope that makes sense. A bit hard when hes trying to explain to me in our language and im not too familiar with the technical terms. 

Which switch ? the on/off on the dash or the pressure switch on the receiver/dryer (filter)

The pressure switch supplies power to the AC clutch if there is gas in the system...no gas pressure, no power supply to the clutch. Its a 4 pin plug on the top of the receiver dryer. I suggest you get it scanned as a starting point. Talk to Peter on Monday or Joe at Euro Surgeon who is closer to you.

Edited by B.M.W Ltd