Sign in to follow this  
Joseph02

brake pads and rotors recommendation

Hi guys,

I gotta replace my rear brake pads and rotors soon for my F20.

Any recommendation for quality yet inexpensive brand? 

I looked at ebay and found protex rotors and pads which i find it okay.

but I need advice from you guys.

Thanks

2 threads discussing brake rotors not far below your thread

• Like 2

Why cheap out on the most important safety equipment on your vehicle, along with tyres?

• Like 1

I'm conflicted about that comment.  Yes it can be important to avoid the basement price items, but equally there's a range of prices in the middle which are perfectly fine.

Taking your comment to it's logical conclusion means you should be driving around on Michelin PS4S (arguably the best street tyre out) and some sort of track day suitable brake pad.  Kudos if you are, but there's nothing wrong with running a Falken, Nexen and an OEM brake pad.

I fear you're being a little disingenuous here?  A track day suitable brakepad will probably need plenty of heat to work, so not ideal for round town stopping eh.

The OP said "Any recommendation for quality yet inexpensive brand?"  for his F20.

Quality yet inexpensive?  Buy parts from BMW dealer with your BMW Car Club NZ membership card.  Or find the OEM parts from your trusted parts supplier.  Be sure they know what you want:  inexpensive, quality, low dust, excellent performance; pick two?

Hawk or Prostop pads and RDA rotors. Have used on E36, E46 and E92 very good performance and not expensive.