Sign in to follow this  
Johnno

[SOLD] 2000 E46 330i

[SOLD]

Hey guys, 

I need to sell my 2000 BMW E46 330i, as we don't have room on the property to keep it, nor do I have the time or money to fix it up. 

The car made the trip up from Wanganui to Auckland a couple of weeks ago and has been sitting ever since. 

The car starts, runs and drives, but it has an unknown mechanical issue where it leaks oil, and if you top up the oil, it just burns and spills out the back. It could be something major, but I'm unsure as it's not worth it for me to check it out - I just need it gone ASAP.

Despite its mechanical condition the car still holds sentimental value to me so that is why I thought of selling it on here where I'm hoping it will either be restored, or can even be parted out by someone with enough time and patience.

Other known issues include:

• damaged sunshade,
  • small dent on driver side rear door (displayed),
  • missing headunit,
  • windshield cowl (displayed - needs resealing or replacing),
  • non-OEM windshield wipers (secured using tie-downs),
  • front brake vents broken (supplied)
  • missing bonet badge

Everything on the car is original except for the battery and expansion tank which I bought brand new and replaced. The bonet is also new and was replaced after a sign fell on it - this was done in December last year.

There is no money owing on the car - it is freeheld.

Rego: GUY907

ODO: 195,000

The car is registered until tomorrow (27/09/2019), WOF ran out in July 2019

What it needs to pass a WOF:

• New brakes (and possibly rear left rotor but this could be machined)
  • New tires
  • Front-left indicator (missing)

I want as much as I can for this car, and the minimum I would take is probably about $700-$800 but I am open to negotiation, as I need it gone ASAP. There is still a lot of value in it - the interior and dash is in good/fair condition (just a bit dirty), everything works, there's no transmission issues, the chassis is straight and has no rust, it has M-Sport rims (the front-right you see pictured is actually the spare - the fourth M-Sport rim is in the boot), and you can drive away at your own risk (and embarrassment - no breaks means it's noisy). 

The car is located in East Tamaki, Auckland. Views are welcome. First come first served.

Kind regards, 

Johnny

IMG_20190924_100727.jpg

IMG_20190924_103738.jpg

IMG_20190924_101223.jpg

IMG_20190924_100822.jpg

IMG_20190924_120211.jpg

IMG_20190924_120106.jpg

IMG_20190924_100646.jpg

IMG_20190924_100637.jpg

IMG_20190924_100612.jpg

IMG_20190924_100749.jpg

IMG_20190924_120112.jpg

Edited by Johnno
SOLD

Does it smoke from the oil problem?

Is the smoke blue?

15 minutes ago, zero said:

Does it smoke from the oil problem?

Is the smoke blue?

I'm unsure why it's smoking sorry.

Yes, it's definitely oil that's burning, but it only burns above a certain level.

I topped it up before I left Wanganui, and it burned everything I put in it when I left. It settled after a few kilometers, and I drove it the rest of the way with no issues and no more smoke. The oil light came on for a few seconds at startup after refuelling, but it quickly goes out after startup.

If you floor it, it drops a cylinder or two, and the check engine light comes on, but if you turn it off and on again the problem fixes itself (limp mode?).

It manages to hold an above-minimum level of oil. I suspect either rings or head/gasket issue, but I haven't checked it out, sorry.

Edited by Johnno