Sign in to follow this  
mavericg

E70 Daytime Running Lights

Hi, just gotten a used X5M from a local dealer and they mentioned that if I want to have a daytime running lights, I need to decode it? Anyone here who can advice the best place to get this enabled? 

Any tips of other hidden features I need to get decoded? 

Folding mirrors (if equipped)

DRL

Warning messages in I-drive

Potentially some other bits and pieces. 

Easily done with carly or bimmercode. 

Managed to do it in bimmercode but it appears it's always on even if the light switch is on Off position. Just wanted in auto mode or park light. 

drl will always be on un less you turn on the parklights or headlights or if the headlights come on auto,thats the idea of them DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS

• Like 1

There are a number of different settings for DRLs, can be always on (except when other lights on ie night) or selectable through iDrive menu (switch on/off).

On 10/27/2019 at 9:13 PM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

There are a number of different settings for DRLs, can be always on (except when other lights on ie night) or selectable through iDrive menu (switch on/off).

For some reasons, I can't enable the drl through idrive. The headunit module is not available to me via bimmercode 

Is there anyone here who can help me with coding DRLs which is not available through idrive for me since its a Japan import and possibly have the auto start/stop turned off as well permanently !! Thanks