Sign in to follow this  
Toast

E36 Alpina Touring E36

If it’s original then it’s a rare beast. Only one registered on Alpina Register and that’s in the UK.

Looked a bit dodgy with the non-Alpina rear seats and that the front seat Alpina stripe are on opposite sides between driver and passenger (from what I’ve researched  they’re on the same side). Does appear to have an Alpina plague in front of passenger but without checking the build number idk if it’s legit.

About $18000 buy now and probably $5000 shipping and it could be yours! 

• Haha 1

On 10/5/2019 at 1:11 AM, Secniv said:

If it’s original then it’s a rare beast. Only one registered on Alpina Register and that’s in the UK.

Looked a bit dodgy with the non-Alpina rear seats and that the front seat Alpina stripe are on opposite sides between driver and passenger (from what I’ve researched  they’re on the same side). Does appear to have an Alpina plague in front of passenger but without checking the build number idk if it’s legit.

I think that's a real one. LHD with the appropriate EC spec instrument cluster and build plaque. The E36 touring was never imported to Japan as a new car.

https://germancarsforsaleblog.com/tuner-tuesday-1997-alpina-b6-2-8-touring/

Edited by balancerider
  • Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 6:11 PM, Secniv said:

Does appear to have an Alpina plague in front of passenger but without checking the build number idk if it’s legit.

It's a genuine Alpina, a cursory look in the engine bay reveals the crossed out WBA vin with the WAP Alpina vin stamped below it, which was usual for the cars before Alpina cars started going down the same production line as the rest of BMW's.

I disagree about the seat striping issue, most E46 Alpina cars from Nicole BMW (the japan Alpina source) have the seat stripe on opposing sides, so it makes sense for the earlier generation to have run the same fabric. Blue dials and orange needles in the cluster is also a clue, albeit one that could be faked.

I think chalk it down to a car that's had its rear seat changed, everything else matches.

• Like 1