Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

BMW N52B30 rebuild

Has anyone come across any good information source for an N52 rebuild for the home gamer, Ive spent 5min googling but not found too much.

Ideally id like to pull the whole shebang to bits, curious about stuff like how the bedplate seals to the block, and if its something doable by the home gamer, critical dimensions/tolerances etc etc. 

It doesnt, runs mint at 265,000km, but have an idea of rebuilding one and doing the MILVs etc as a project. Having a spare donk for both my cars wouldnt be a terrible idea anyway. 

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 3:22 PM, Jacko said:

It doesnt, runs mint at 265,000km, but have an idea of rebuilding one and doing the MILVs etc as a project. Having a spare donk for both my cars wouldnt be a terrible idea anyway. 

There seems to be a HP gain in shimming to MILV have you read about that? As I recall about 300US for the shims and about 10whp increase. Reads like it works. 

27 minutes ago, Bandit said:

There seems to be a HP gain in shimming to MILV have you read about that? As I recall about 300US for the shims and about 10whp increase. Reads like it works. 

Yeah, 1mm more lift, but needs a tune to take advantage of it or the valvetronic just adapts the extra movement out. Seems to be roughly 10hp across the board. 

I saw the guy is also working on some new camshafts.

With MILVs, headers and a tune, 300hp seems plausible. 

Edited by Jacko