Sign in to follow this  
Omni Carlo

F30 Coolant sensor issue

Hello All,

I have got a 328i 2012 f30 which I brought in august, recently it gave me a warning saying coolant level low but when I checked coolant level was all good but still had it flushed and refilled and it come up today again so any help will be appreciated.

I have attached a picture as well 

Thanks

Omi

3CCFC3A8-9013-4FFC-9A29-F70EA94B277E.jpeg

Hello All Again,

Went to BMW Auckland City finally to have this checked and Simon and Vaughan Helped a lot with this. Finally figured it out whats happening with the F30.

I expansion tank has a crack in it which has made sensor get bad and corroded so will have it replaced soon but I was just going through online stuff and they said that BMW has extended warranty for this as they already know that this is a faulty part but no information with BMW NZ About it :(

Anyway finally happy to have it sorted as this was very annoying and there is not a lot of information about it on the internet as well.

Would it be fair to speculate the pipe next to the turbo has become weakened by the heat? Also... BMW and no warning when coolant low has been a recurring theme for quite some years now. I'd have thought they would have sorted a more robust monitoring system by now.

22 hours ago, Young Thrash Driver said:

Would it be fair to speculate the pipe next to the turbo has become weakened by the heat? Also... BMW and no warning when coolant low has been a recurring theme for quite some years now. I'd have thought they would have sorted a more robust monitoring system by now.

but how would they make money then??

• Haha 1