Sign in to follow this  
325_driver

e91 Red Transmission Light (Once but gone)

n52 Auto

Hmm, so i took the car on a big drive the other day to test whether oil leaks have gone, and finally a whiff of victory.

But not so fast i parked up at the super market to grab a drink on the way home, then started the car again and the red transmission warning light came on briefly (while in park) only to go away immediately.

image.png.ef1885016f19d2bbd83c53bfb1466e06.png

Car drove fine, but has me spooked

- Check, is ok

- I checked for codes with my bluetooth connector, and nothing in there

- If i load up ISTA+ with K CAN cable or something will i be able to find anything in there to drill into what flagged it?

car has 130,000 on the clock, and the gearbox oil was serviced not too long before i picked it up.

Any advice would be great?

Thanks all again

Edited by 325_driver

@NRJ you know, i was just thinking that, what if it's all linked to the weird electrical problem i experienced earlier after having the car sitting for a day, which is potentially linked to a battery running out of life.

i've been checking the battery voltage regularly both through the hidden menu and a multimeter and its usually between 12.2-12.5 before starting, but i suppose voltage isn't the best measure for battery life.

Thanks for the clue, i'll do some digging once i go through this confusing ISTA installation.

@NRJ by the way, i ran a voltmeter across the battery as i cranked the car to start it, it was somewhere between 9.6v-9.8v

Probably a battery on it's last legs? a few places i keep reading about it say it's normal, but i'm not too sure dropping from 12.5->9.7 is acceptable

What's everyone else's voltages like on crank?

Don't have ISTA installed yet, but when i was in the hidden menu, the menu option 14 (stored memory errors) have 3 or so errors that might suggest something to do with voltage.

Edited by 325_driver