Sign in to follow this  
jamesmcd

Fake M3...

At least it’s not a 320i

The registration says it all. In my home language (Afrikaans), "KAK" means "SH*T". ?

• Like 3

Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

Lots of people want an M3, but can't afford to own or run one, so try to make their car look like "the real thing". At least this guy / girl has gone to some effort and not just chucked a badge on the boot.

• Like 1

It’s an abomination. I worry that the current owner thinks it’s a real M3, given a previous plate was M3HOT. I wonder if he was tricked into buying it. 

Yep and yep. There are plenty of peeps, relative petrol heads even, that think a 3 series M-sport is an M3. Funny thing is, I don't own an E90 M3 for how it looks, or what other people might think, but for the driving experience...something that's clearly lost on the owner of this thing ?

• Like 2

Nice. Is that the one that eurosport were selling earlier in the year?

• Thanks 1

That's the one :)  I preferred the E90 instead of the coupe E92.

Like 4 doors instead of 2... value for money LOL... kidding.. Only about 9400 units produced between 2008 - 2011 I think.

Cool. I was interested in that one myself and exchanged a few texts with the dealer, but ended up going NZ new, lower kms, service history etc. I have a bit of a reputation for owning white cars, so I kinda had to get one in a different colour! I did like the look of the wheels on that one though and it's lower than mine. Is it a competition pack, or has someone made those touches to it? Had an interesting intake too, right? And it's LCI ?

• Like 1

not sure if competition pack tbh - bought as is ; how can one  tell (I like to know too) ? Wheel sizes are OEM accordingly...the only thing I did was added the blue rim protector and painted the calipers :) Has AFE intake system installed and LCI which is a plus .. happy with purchase all in all and most importantly just enjoying the drive.... would love to see a pic your your purchase too :)