Sign in to follow this  
PaulB

Sat Nav HDD PC Card

Hi, Ive just bought a 2006 5 door 130i m-sport. I'm trying to get hold of a PC Card with NZ maps for the HDD sat Nav. Does anyone know where I might be able to get hold of one where I don't have to sell my 1st born to be able pay for it.

Thanks

BMW Nav.jpg

I suspect the odds of getting that (guessing Japan market) kit working here are approaching zero.

Up to date maps on a pre-LCI E87 are also unlikely I would have thought...

(Sorry to be the bearer of bad news)

Even tho its bad news, thanks for the post. BTW car is German assembled but guessing that wont make much difference re sat-nav.

On 11/6/2019 at 12:16 AM, PaulB said:

Even tho its bad news, thanks for the post. BTW car is German assembled but guessing that wont make much difference re sat-nav.

Yep - if you post the last 7 digits of your VIN we can see the specs but likely out of luck

Hi, I just bought a 2007 130i Sport Jap import in NZ. I went to Audio City in Christchurch, There is also a branch in Auckland I believe. They installed an upgrade that keeps all of the original BMW hardware and functionality but it adds wireless android auto and Apple Car play. Mine cost $850 installed and it is great. 

https://www.audiocity.co.nz/bmw-gps-navigation-map-radio-update/bmw-1-series-gps-map-update-radio-conversion.html

Hope this helps

Regards 

Chris M