Sign in to follow this  
Scooternz

What tyres for F30 328i

Hi all,

I have an F30 328i and all 4 tyres need to be replaced.  Wheels are not standard issue and currently I have Pirelli Pzero Nero GT 255/35 ZR 19 96Y which apparently are not made anymore.

Can anyone suggest a replacement?  Garage is suggesting a brand called Hankook which I have never heard of (though that doesnt mean much).

Cheers

Hankook are a well known brand but generally not top tier. Depends on your budget but id recommend Michellin PS4's from Hyper, RE003 or S007A(if available) from Bridgestone

do you want to wear jandals, nikes, or english brogues? just depends how much you want to spend and what kind of quality you want.

there is nothing wrong with Hankook as a brand, well respected korean tyre manufacturing company, but within it there are lower end and higher end. same with any other brand. 

some people will do fine with $200 blacklions, some people want $600 michelins or $800 continentals/pirellis. 

have these from a 428i 

staggered 19" with low km tyres

car only done 12000km

also have some other after market alloys with tyres 

and some single and pairs of tyres etc 

IMG_6475.JPEG

IMG_6476.JPEG

IMG_6477.JPEG

IMG_6478.JPEG

IMG_6479.JPEG

IMG_6480.JPEG

IMG_6481.JPEG

IMG_6482.JPEG

IMG_6484.JPEG

IMG_6485.JPEG

Edited by BM WORLD

16 hours ago, Scooternz said:

Hi all,

I have an F30 328i and all 4 tyres need to be replaced.  Wheels are not standard issue and currently I have Pirelli Pzero Nero GT 255/35 ZR 19 96Y which apparently are not made anymore.

Can anyone suggest a replacement?  Garage is suggesting a brand called Hankook which I have never heard of (though that doesnt mean much).

Cheers

Check whether they're staggered as well, would guess the fronts are supposed to be running 225/40R19.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:16 PM, Eagle said:

Depends on your budget but id recommend Michellin PS4's from Hyper, RE003 or S007A(if available) from Bridgestone

The PS4s are probably a bit of an overkill on a 328i, it's a swift car, but not really a sports car.

Bridgestone Potenza were a factory fit on the F30 and suit them quite well.

4 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

The PS4s are probably a bit of an overkill on a 328i, it's a swift car, but not really a sports car.

Bridgestone Potenza were a factory fit on the F30 and suit them quite well.

Depends on the person i suppose, none of the E46 and E39's ive used PS4's were technically sports cars but having more grip is always an advantage to me especially if you have make an emergency maneuver in the wet etc. Certainly better street rubber available  that costs even more and i think PS4 are fairly well priced in comparision.

• Like 1

If you're anticipating needing to make emergency manoeuvres in the wet then get directional tyres, they'll be less expensive and better for that than the comparable asymmetrical.

Scott, unless you hear your (current) tyres squealing, or feel them losing traction, you probably want a mid-range tyre from any reputable brand and within that range select by cost. 

I'd think a Bridgestone RE050A would probably be more than enough and it should be less expensive than a R003/S00x. Look them up on Hyperdrive and check other tyres around the same price. If you want to see more commentary or reviews then tirerack.com (US) has lots.

I always rated the RE050A quite well until PS4 came out but i would of thought they would of been superseded by now. Tyre pricing by size with the same make\model seems go all over the show so you do have to ring around sometimes.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:30 PM, Eagle said:

Depends on the person i suppose, none of the E46 and E39's ive used PS4's were technically sports cars but having more grip is always an advantage to me especially if you have make an emergency maneuver in the wet etc. Certainly better street rubber available  that costs even more and i think PS4 are fairly well priced in comparision.

Apologies, I saw an extra "S" in between the P and the 4 - which is a different price bracket proposition entirely.

FWIW I have had some very average experiences with PS4 in the wet.