Sign in to follow this  
ben87

2x BMW 840CI for sale - SOLD

I recently inherited 2x 1996 BMW 840CI manuals from my late father, i have looked into getting them up and running but i dont have the tools or knowledge for this to happen.

Currently 1 turns over and the other one doesn't. Both vehicles are in average condition and will need to be re-registered/re complied to be road worthy. I am looking at selling them together as a pair. 

Is anyone interested in purchasing these as a project or for parts? 

Based on average market cost of running good condition same model, we are looking at $15k for both vehicles as is. Location is Auckland and Whangarei (will move whangarei vehicle to auckland) Price is negotiable 

****More photos will be uploaded soon of 1 vehicle as the other is in storage****

20181022_144541.jpg

Edited by ben87

Location and prices?

If someone parts them, I'm interested in the ACS wheels 

Ben, are they M60- or M62-powered?

NZ new or UK imports?

Either way, if these are both factory manuals then they're very rare cars.

Only 54 manual RHD's built with M60 engine 

Only 3 manual RHD's built with M62 engine

• Like 1

How many kms?

Even better, if you give us the licence plate numbers we can look up the details of the cars.

Pretty sure they're sold. To a forum member, which is nice.

These vehicles have been sold to a forum member who wishes to keep private, thank you all for the interest in these vehicles and apologies to those who missed out 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

A great buy for someone. Hopefully they get restored and put back on the road.

And whoever the buyer is, please document your progress on here so we can enjoy the journey with you.

• Like 1

I was very happy to read of the sale, until I heard that the person I thought was the buyer had been gazumped. :( 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, zero said:

A great buy for someone. Hopefully they get restored and put back on the road.

And whoever the buyer is, please document your progress on here so we can enjoy the journey with you.

+1 this. Please let us live vicariously. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gjm said:

I was very happy to read of the sale, until I heard that the person I thought was the buyer had been gazumped. :( 

And who was that? I nearly sealed the deal before the other guy swept me out the way with a big offer :(

• Sad 1

Yep, spill the beans, tell the story.

And why do people on a public forum want/try to stay private?

It's hardly a cocaine deal lol.

• Thanks 1

On 11/7/2019 at 10:14 PM, bradgalbraith said:

And who was that? I nearly sealed the deal before the other guy swept me out the way with a big offer :(

this has more to do with the seller than "the other guy".

On 11/7/2019 at 10:14 PM, bradgalbraith said:

11 hours ago, Olaf said:

this has more to do with the seller than "the other guy".

It seems Brad had his offer overturned (too). Although until he wrote of it here, I wasn't aware of it.

Someone else I know of, a thoroughly nice member of the forum, had agreement, verbally and in writing, that he was buying the cars at the asking price. He'd asked for bank details so he could transfer a deposit to the seller, with balance to be paid on collection - this was all agreed. There was a lot of organisation going on, arranging funds for transfer, sorting transport - all the usual stuff.

Then the seller pops up and says "Sorry, I've agreed to sell to someone else who has offered more money." Not even an opportunity to increase an offer. Just nope - sold to someone else. The buyer I know of was understandably very, very disappointed. Yes - sale goes to the first person in, but once agreement has been reached (especially in writing), it's normally fair to consider yourself to be that first person.
The buyer with the higher offer is understood to have been aware that a sale was agreed. We think we know who the buyer is (we aren't sure, so will say nothing), but I suggest anonymity is unlikely to last long with cars like this.

Personally I feel that both the seller and the buyer who made the higher offer have both acted extremely poorly. I'm annoyed, and I hadn't even considered making an offer!

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Seems like the kind of cars you would just auction off if you wanted the best price for them. I guess the OP may of undervalued or had more interest than expected so reneged.

@gjm  Mine was (almost) the Haiku version.  Yours, more the novella. ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Olaf said:

@gjm  Mine was (almost) the Haiku version.  Yours, more the novella. ?

I'm waiting for the opera..............