Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

E87 130 Calipers/Rotors/Pads

All in good condition, much life left in pad/rotors (40,000k+?). All ATE bits.  Good upgrade for the lower spec E87s. 

$150 pick up only, 

20191108_110725.jpg

Edited by Jacko

If you could please post pictures as per forum rules. Thanks Admin.

• Haha 1

Are they a straight bolt on to other E87 or need adaptors, etc? And any change needed to master cylinder?

interested if it’s straight bolt on. 

1 hour ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Are they a straight bolt on to other E87 or need adaptors, etc? And any change needed to master cylinder?

interested if it’s straight bolt on. 

Not to sure sorry, I suspect the fronts at least are bolt on, but there are differences between the 4 pots and 6pots wheel speed sensors. Will need to check realoem to work out what is what. 

Yeah, good point. I’ll have a look on ETK.

probably worth a punt at that price tbh.

5 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

probably worth a punt at that price tbh.

Are you sure? ?

Whilst I agree the price is good, they're only an "upgrade" if your existing brakes overheat regularly... and I'd suspect that's not the case on a 116 /118.

They're probably a better deal for somebody that needs to replace their rotors and pads on a 130i for cheap (assuming they've got life in them), or so you can get the calipers refurbed and powder coated whilst keeping your car on the road. If they're still available if/when I get a 130 then I'd grab them at this price for that reason. But certainly not as an upgrade for another E8x.

Remember, with the exception of overheating, your tyres are the limiting factor, not the brakes. Chris' car won't be stopping any faster with his new brakes but it will stop more consistently when repeatedly leaning on them heavily over a short time-span (e.g. track use), however often that happens.

If anyone needs more brake for the street then they should just change their pads, BBK's are really for aesthetics only on a street car (which is still a valid reason for having them IMO). Unfortunately these don't look anything like a BBK so that reason is out the window.

Don't get me wrong, $150 is sharp, they're just not really an upgrade for anything.

Front rotors are the same as 6 pot E9x, and X1s. Front Calipers same as 4 pot E9x

Rear calipers/rotors are the same as a swag of E9x and the mighty Zinoro M12 :D

I dont care what you bolt them on, as long as its not my garage carpet like how they are currently installed

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:57 AM, Jacko said:

Not to sure sorry, I suspect the fronts at least are bolt on, but there are differences between the 4 pots and 6pots wheel speed sensors. Will need to check realoem to work out what is what. 

Fronts look to be a straight bolt on (mechanically at least) as the front carriers are the same between 116d and 130i and they look to be a sizeable upgrade, rotors going from 294 x 22 to 330 x 24.

Rears are different part numbers for the carriers, so a bit more involved, but might be able to cobble something together to make it work. Upgrade in the rear is much greater, going from a 280x10 solid to the 300x20 ventred rotors.

Will go and count up the pennies in the piggy bank, so that hopefully these can then sit on my garage floor, rather than yours, alongside the suspension bits that I previously got from you. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Bump