Sign in to follow this  
325_driver

Coding e90 Battery NCS Expert

Hi all, don't know where to put this, so i've put it in general discussion.

My battery AH in INPA is reading at 70ah, but the battery i have is 74ah

When i went into ISTA+ to view for battery exhange there wasn't anything registered, so they probably replaced it but didn't register it

Anyway, i wanted to change 70ah -> 74ah in NCS Expert, followed the steps correctly (tripple checked across other people doing it on youtube)

F1->F3->e89->CAS->Execute job (to get work files) Changed PSW in .TRC file from 70ah to 74ah saved to .MAN, then basic funtion readfrom FSWPWS -> Change Job to Code -> Execute Job

Any way when it tries to code it i get this error

sgvt fehler coapi-1142 fehlerhaft

74ah ... etc

then the response is 'faulty coding' in NSC job status

is this not working because the ECU won't accept 74ah? will it only accept like 70,80,90 as per like inbuilt vehicle data, or is this another problem.

Cheers

@NRJ Thank you so much for confirming

Good to know I was doing it right, but giving it an invalid value.

Handy to know hopefully for others If they come across the same issue.

Strangely enough ever since I registered that there has been a battery exchange, it seems to be charging to a better capacity. I.e. battery voltage after over night is between 12.5 - 12.8 now. Would usually be 11.9-12.2

Edited by 325_driver

@NRJ Interesting, id be curious if it accepted the custom parameter @74ah. NCS dummy just prepares the . MAN files aye? Saving you from going into a text editor doing it that way.

On 11/11/2019 at 7:41 AM, 325_driver said:

@NRJ Thank you so much for confirming

Good to know I was doing it right, but giving it an invalid value.

Handy to know hopefully for others If they come across the same issue.

Strangely enough ever since I registered that there has been a battery exchange, it seems to be charging to a better capacity. I.e. battery voltage after over night is between 12.5 - 12.8 now. Would usually be 11.9-12.2

how did you get this working again? ive done the same thing

@boobhunter11 

not sure what happened in the end, i think i ended up putting in a value that it would accept and concluding that my issue might have been a parasitic drain, and co-incidence that after i changed some values there the F1->F3->e89->CAS->Execute job (to get work files)

---

Changed PSW in .TRC file -> set the ah value to something close to the battery amp hours as i believe the system will only accept 70,80,90 etc (check NCS dummy it should have values in there)

saved to .MAN, then basic function read from FSWPSW -> Change Job to Code -> Execute Job

----