Sign in to follow this  
agricon

Multimedia upgrade to 2009 X3

Hi all,

Newbee here with my first post so apologies if I break any rules. I have searched for some info but with little success so far and hence the reason for this post.

My wife has a 2009 X3 Jap import. When purchased it had a navigation system with a small screen on the dash but it was only Jap maps so I decided to upgrade it to a google based screen and purchased one from AliExpress. The unit arrived and I after checking everything I noticed the unit sent was for a car without a screen and mine had one so I little issue but The thought of trying to send it back to China.......... My thoughts were,  it can not be that different and decided to go ahead and fit it.

Jumping forward I have the unit installed but have a few issues, the main one is that there is no sound coming from the Android unit athough the stereo and CD are ok.  

I was hoping someone else may have had a similar experience or can offer some help.

Thanks in advance.

I'm also investigating doing this to my wife's '06 X3. From my understanding it's all plug and play, and to have the sound coming from the android unit, you may have to switch the channel on the radio to AUX or something like that? Were there any instructions that came with it(yes, i know they're likely to be in badly translated english)?

On a side note, which unit did you get? 

On 11/10/2019 at 12:07 PM, agricon said:

Hi all,

Newbee here with my first post so apologies if I break any rules. I have searched for some info but with little success so far and hence the reason for this post.

My wife has a 2009 X3 Jap import. When purchased it had a navigation system with a small screen on the dash but it was only Jap maps so I decided to upgrade it to a google based screen and purchased one from AliExpress. The unit arrived and I after checking everything I noticed the unit sent was for a car without a screen and mine had one so I little issue but The thought of trying to send it back to China.......... My thoughts were,  it can not be that different and decided to go ahead and fit it.

Jumping forward I have the unit installed but have a few issues, the main one is that there is no sound coming from the Android unit athough the stereo and CD are ok.  

I was hoping someone else may have had a similar experience or can offer some help.

Thanks in advance.

Does the car have and AUX input and did you connect the AUX 3.5mm jack when installing the unit?

Here's a great video if you have the system I'm thinking of (or very similar)