Sign in to follow this  
Arata

E39 530i Year 2001 Central Locking Issue

Hi everyone. I'm trying to fix the central locking on my e39 530i year 2001.

I had few issues with locking the car since when I bought it from the dealer.

First of all, infrared remote key does not work at all even though after multiple attempt to re-initialize the remote key.

Secondly, the physical key on driver side did not lock or unlock, the key actually did not turn on both ways.

Only the central locking worked when you are inside the car just about to drive and use the central locking button.

At the moment, I'm trying the conversion from infrared remote to radio frequent remote.

I've made 2 new keys (radio frequent 433mhz) and have immobilizer programmed.

Also replaced the antenna amplifier with 433mhz and also did the new wiring towards pin 13 of X332 and fuse 6.

And the most important part of all, the driver side door key issue. I have replaced the new key housing and swapped the key cylinder.

The driver side door now can lock and unlock, but does not lock and unlock the other 3 doors (central locking).

Also the remote key on both infrared (x1) and radio frequent keys (x2) does not initialize with remote central locking.

I can still lock and unlock all the doors from inside the car using the central locking button.

And I scanned the car and here are the fault codes I've got...

2 Fuse or lead for load circuit 2

93 Central-locking drive, driver's door

94 Central-locking drive, passenger's door

1 Fuse or lead for load circuit 1

Code: 0A4100A6 no description!

Code: 0A4100A7 no description!

Code: 0A410091 no description!

Has anyone got any idea what I can do from here?

Any help or advice much appreciated!

Thank you very much in advance.

I had problems getting the infra-red remotes to synch on an E46.  Discovered in the end that there are a set of slightly different instructions for the IR remotes to the normal synch procedure.  Attached is the instructions that worked for me.  Sorry for the poor quality, a copy of a copy of a copy etc

Infra-red key reprogamming instructions.pdf

4 minutes ago, NZ00Z3 said:

I had problems getting the infra-red remotes to synch on an E46.  Discovered in the end that there are a set of slightly different instructions for the IR remotes to the normal synch procedure.  Attached is the instructions that worked for me.  Sorry for the poor quality, a copy of a copy of a copy etc

Infra-red key reprogamming instructions.pdf 253.25 kB · 0 downloads

Hi NZ00Z3. I'll try this way but I doubt it as I've tried all the initializing that I can think of...

I'll see if it works...

When you use the interior central lock button does the drivers door lock or stay unlocked ?

2 hours ago, B.M.W Ltd said:

When you use the interior central lock button does the drivers door lock or stay unlocked ?

With the central locking button from the car inside on the centre console, ALL the door locks and unlocks.

It's possible that the drivers door lock barrel which is not working and needs to be replaced anyway is holding the drivers door module in a lock or unlock position. This will be preventing initializing the keys impossible because the central body control module is not getting the right signal from the drivers door lock which should be in a neutral position. This is not an easy job to do. You may need help with this. It maybe time to get a professional to look at this for you and check with the appropriate scanner to check module live data signals.

Does the boot lock and unlock with the key and work with the interior lock switch ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, B.M.W Ltd said:

It's possible that the drivers door lock barrel which is not working and needs to be replaced anyway is holding the drivers door module in a lock or unlock position. This will be preventing initializing the keys impossible because the central body control module is not getting the right signal from the drivers door lock which should be in a neutral position. This is not an easy job to do. You may need help with this. It maybe time to get a professional to look at this for you and check with the appropriate scanner to check module live data signals.

Does the boot lock and unlock with the key and work with the interior lock switch ?

It locks/unlocks with the keys but does not unlock from inside the car. 

The boot lock actually little bit hard to lock but locks. maybe that could be the issue?

I think it is now time for this:

It maybe time to get a BMW professional to look at this for you and check with the appropriate scanner to check module live data signals.

Google this and have a good read through:

ZKE functions on a BMW E39

23 hours ago, B.M.W Ltd said:

Google this and have a good read through:

ZKE functions on a BMW E39

Thank you I'll have a look.