Sign in to follow this  
Bernie39

Blenheim mechanic

Hi, brand new here. Me and my 1997 e39 545i have been doing many miles together since i bought it three months ago. Time to attend to a few things and next week will be in Blenheim. Im wondering if there's a good mechanic people recommend.

Issues are, in no particular order:

1. sensor says bootlid open, it isn't Inside boot release not working, made worse this week as lock been getting worse and broke key trying to open (have ordered a new key from BMW).

2. Driver's outside door handle broke off

3. Want suspension serviced, getting very 'chattery' and squeaky.

4. Oil change

Any recommendations very appreciated.

Oh, and highbeam light staying on, removed bulb as temporary solution. Sounds like a bad transistor in the LCM (google)

On 11/14/2019 at 10:27 PM, Bernie39 said:

Hi, brand new here. Me and my 1997 e39 545i have been doing many miles together since i bought it three months ago. Time to attend to a few things and next week will be in Blenheim. Im wondering if there's a good mechanic people recommend.

Issues are, in no particular order:

1. sensor says bootlid open, it isn't Inside boot release not working, made worse this week as lock been getting worse and broke key trying to open (have ordered a new key from BMW).

2. Driver's outside door handle broke off

3. Want suspension serviced, getting very 'chattery' and squeaky.

4. Oil change

Any recommendations very appreciated.

hi Bernie

there is Kevin Burt Automotive in Christchurch who has two mechanics trained at BMW and they know there stuff . If you can take it over to them and ask for Alister. 
I had similar issue with the boot kit last then and I got it done through them