BozzaFC

The Silver Titan

Hahaa. Yeah it's a standard plate, and it's a 530i. Just lucky numbering I guess. 

540 badge might be a step too far 😋

On 11/15/2019 at 6:50 PM, BozzaFC said:

179,500 kms.

• M badge delete. Install 540i badge. Ordered.

got it all wrong.  you need an iS badge!

On 11/15/2019 at 6:10 PM, BozzaFC said:

. The driver's side was still the original auto-dimming, and surprisingly had no leaks and functioned perfectly. But the inconsistency annoyed me, plus I like the classic BMW blue tint. Found a cheap blue mirror glass off Ali Express for $25 and swapped it in.

Do you have a link to these @BozzaFC Mine also have the auto dimming both have leaks / defects and BMW want 350, each for the galss.....😫

@hunter https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32899251958.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.3a7876b1nu2T3h&algo_pvid=b15be1ff-fce5-472c-a81b-e71392ae835e&algo_expid=b15be1ff-fce5-472c-a81b-e71392ae835e-0&btsid=7f926f50-36cc-4b08-a97c-d46c44b0cd8f&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_3,searchweb201603_55 :)

Alternatively, if you'd like the original auto-dimming mirrors, I'm happy to sell my working one to you for far less than the dealer. You'll obviously have to find another one though

Edited by BozzaFC
Alternative option

Cheers man.

My left (passenger) is far worse that my right. If your left is ok I may consider it. 

One satisfying (albeit eye-wateringly expensive) upgrade last weekend. 

Thanks @str8_6 for the help! This was actually quite an involved process - first the airbag must come out in what is a very finicky process (after disconnecting the battery), then after removing a few screws the two pieces of plastic trim (controls and lower trim) can be removed. These two pieces are attached with more screws, so they too need to be unscrewed before doing all the steps in reverse to put the new trim in.

This bugged me every time I got in the car. Looks really nice now.

image0.thumb.jpeg.dd454b19fd1458f08bfd172fe3c312aa.jpegimage1.thumb.jpeg.2237879af502db2fe96ffb93e754c5a2.jpeg

Edited by BozzaFC
Battery disconnect
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, hunter said:

Cheers man.

My left (passenger) is far worse that my right. If your left is ok I may consider it. 

Chucked you a PM 

On 12/2/2019 at 10:19 PM, BozzaFC said:

One satisfying (albeit eye-wateringly expensive) upgrade last weekend. 

Thanks @str8_6 for the help! This was actually quite an involved process - first the airbag must come out in what is a very finicky process (after disconnecting the battery), then after removing a few screws the two pieces of plastic trim (controls and lower trim) can be removed. These two pieces are attached with more screws, so they too need to be unscrewed before doing all the steps in reverse to put the new trim in.

This bugged me every time I got in the car. Looks really nice now.

image0.thumb.jpeg.dd454b19fd1458f08bfd172fe3c312aa.jpegimage1.thumb.jpeg.2237879af502db2fe96ffb93e754c5a2.jpeg

Don't start down that route... My replacement airbag means my dashboard now needs replacing as it looks too aged😄 

• Like 2