Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Max

Not sure where to put this........

Thought I'd offer a service to fellow members. I'm planning a road trip from Invercargill to Auckland and back in about 2 weeks. If there's any members on here that want to buy something from either end of the country, I'd be happy to take things up or bring them back down, meeting people in the main centres along the way for drop-off.

The only conditions would be that all payments for the parts would have to be sorted ahead of time - I won't be handling money or paying for other people's parts upfront. And i'd want to be meeting people somewhere along the main route, really don't want to be detouring all over the place lol. Pick-up/drop off arrangements will be sorted ahead of time.

Anyone interested? I'm not running a courier service so I'm not asking for money for this, just thought it might help a few people out.

Also, @Jacko, I'll finally be able to pick the items up that I bought off you ???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I saw them the other day in garage, and thought... hmmm... Flick me a PM and will get you addy. 

4 minutes ago, C-130 Hercules said:

A dozen Bluff oysters? 

Bahahaha maybe I should've clarified it a bit better....... car parts, not food lol. I can't guarantee they'd get there fresh enough

She'll be fine in the glove box... Yeah, nah maybe not... 

However, you could perhaps schedule your Auckland stay around the time of our next Sunday catch up at Kyu's - would be great to meet. 

Geordie, when you're coming through wellington let us know.  Coffee Meet, Beer etc - I'll buy you one.  If it coincides with Thursday 5 December, come to BMW Club NZ/Bimmersport pub night!

5 hours ago, C-130 Hercules said:

She'll be fine in the glove box... Yeah, nah maybe not... 

However, you could perhaps schedule your Auckland stay around the time of our next Sunday catch up at Kyu's - would be great to meet. 

Bahaha yeah perhaps not the best plan........

Oh when's that on? I'm trying to plan to be in Auckland on Sunday the 8th, there for a couple of days before heading back south?

5 hours ago, Olaf said:

Geordie, when you're coming through wellington let us know.  Coffee Meet, Beer etc - I'll buy you one.  If it coincides with Thursday 5 December, come to BMW Club NZ/Bimmersport pub night!

Sorry man, will be the weekend after that and a flying trip through, rough plan at this stage is to leave here on the 7th, be in Auckland on the 8th, I'll be back in Wellington on the 10th I think for the night, before hitting Christchurch on the 11th for the night - at least that's the rough plan.

I'll post the exact schedule up in the next week or so so everyone knows where I'll be

29 minutes ago, Mad_Max said:

Oh when's that on? I'm trying to plan to be in Auckland on Sunday the 8th, there for a couple of days before heading back south?

@qube - when is our next monthly meet? 1 Dec or can we do 8 Dec? 

14 hours ago, Mad_Max said:

Sorry man, will be the weekend after that and a flying trip through, rough plan at this stage is to leave here on the 7th, be in Auckland on the 8th, I'll be back in Wellington on the 10th I think for the night, before hitting Christchurch on the 11th for the night - at least that's the rough plan.

I'll post the exact schedule up in the next week or so so everyone knows where I'll be

Don't be sorry man, there's always a welcome in Welly! ?

Right, been meaning to update this lol, still have yet to book accommodation, however the itinerary so far is:

• Leaving Invercargill on Friday the 6th, staying in Timaru overnight.
  • Saturday I will be passing through Christchurch, collecting some stuff from @OP6 that is destined to be delivered to @Herbmiester at some stage (flick me a pm and we'll sort a day/address etc. that I can drop them off to you). Ferry from Picton to Wellington on the 7th, then driving overnight to Auckland.
  • I'll be staying in Auckland until the morning of the 11th, then heading back to Wellington (@Olaf this is probably the best time to catch up for a beer if you and some locals wanna do so?).
  • Wellington overnight on the 11th, ferry back across the ditch on the 12th and straight to Christchurch.
  • Staying in Christchurch on the 12th and 13th, then heading back to Invercargill on the 14th.

So far, I think I should have a little more room in the car on the way back, as I'm planning on picking up a lot of things in Auckland to bring south. 

On 11/15/2019 at 10:11 PM, Jacko said:

I saw them the other day in garage, and thought... hmmm... Flick me a PM and will get you addy. 

@Jacko - Flicked you a pm man, not sure if you've seen it yet.

On 11/16/2019 at 7:09 PM, C-130 Hercules said:

@qube - when is our next monthly meet? 1 Dec or can we do 8 Dec? 

On 11/16/2019 at 7:57 PM, qube said:

I don’t mind doing 8th. 
will post it in the meetup topic

I should be able to make this one, will be shattered lol but will do my best to be there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Mad_Max said:

Right, been meaning to update this lol, still have yet to book accommodation, however the itinerary so far is:

• Leaving Invercargill on Friday the 6th, staying in Timaru overnight.
  • Saturday I will be passing through Christchurch, collecting some stuff from @OP6 that is destined to be delivered to @Herbmiester at some stage (flick me a pm and we'll sort a day/address etc. that I can drop them off to you). Ferry from Picton to Wellington on the 7th, then driving overnight to Auckland.
  • I'll be staying in Auckland until the morning of the 11th, then heading back to Wellington (@Olaf this is probably the best time to catch up for a beer if you and some locals wanna do so?).
  • Wellington overnight on the 11th, ferry back across the ditch on the 12th and straight to Christchurch.
  • Staying in Christchurch on the 12th and 13th, then heading back to Invercargill on the 14th.

So far, I think I should have a little more room in the car on the way back, as I'm planning on picking up a lot of things in Auckland to bring south. 

@Jacko - Flicked you a pm man, not sure if you've seen it yet.

I should be able to make this one, will be shattered lol but will do my best to be there.

I can bring it on the 8th if that suits :) (have no pm)

Edited by Jacko

42 minutes ago, Jacko said:

I can bring it on the 8th if that suits :) (have no pm)

As long as that suits you? And best I bring a wallet, the least I can do is shout ya a drink or two to say thanks for storing it all for me ???

Nice one @Mad_Max  Geordie

Let us know where you're staying, and we'll arrange a suitable location.  I'll whip something up in the meetups room ?

Be excellent to see you!

1 hour ago, Olaf said:

Nice one @Mad_Max  Geordie

Let us know where you're staying, and we'll arrange a suitable location.  I'll whip something up in the meetups room ?

Be excellent to see you!

I'm staying in Vogeltown, wherever that may be hahaha....... location doesn't worry me too much though, you'll still be closer to me than where I am now lol, I'll be mobile so easy enough to cruise to anywhere.

We'll probably go for the cuba quarter in that case... ?