Sign in to follow this  
Baehuck

E90 idrive 320i not starting.

Hi all fairly new member. 

My 2005 320i idrive won’t start or even unlock/ lock with my remote. 

it worked perfectly not even 5 hours ago but now won’t even start with key and push to start. 

An emblem of a steering wheel and a small lock comes on my dash when I try to start my vehicle but nothing else happens. My idrive console in the center boots up but goes blank, my dash lights work but my headlights don’t. 

very confused and sad, some help would be much appreciated.. 

cheers

If the i-drive won't stay up, I'd be checking battery first.  Headlights are a huge drain on a battery, if you're trying to run headlights on a bad batty - and still have enough to run the on-board computer, and starter... your chances are slim!

Hope that helps.

15 minutes ago, Olaf said:

If the i-drive won't stay up, I'd be checking battery first.  Headlights are a huge drain on a battery, if you're trying to run headlights on a bad batty - and still have enough to run the on-board computer, and starter... your chances are slim!

Hope that helps.

Hey. Thanks for the reply. 

I would’ve thought that too but there has been no dash signs that show battery is low. Just the emblem I mentioned above. 

my battery is also very new. Less than a month. 

Also my keys won’t lock or unlock the car when I press the button on my keychain...

When your battery was installed, was it registered in DME?

If not a battery issue, I would suggest you have a faulty CAS control unit system failure. You will need to get it scanned by someone close to you . I don't know who you can tow it to close by in Whitianga though.

Common faults:

Keys, key reader, steering lock and the control unit itself. But you'll have to start with getting it scanned first.

https://www.youcanic.com/wiki/bmw-cas-car-access-system

Edited by B.M.W Ltd
  • Like 1