Sign in to follow this  
Kodachrome

BMW M60/M62 compatible Manual Gearbox

Either something like the 5 or 6 speed from the E34 540i or something like the newer diesel gearboxes that need the (PMC) adapter plates. 

I already have an M62, just need to source a manual box (and pedals etc) for a swap into the E28.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

yeah saw that, his prices are above what I can just import similar new parts for. Way above. His parts might be hard core (likely are, given race spec) but thats not really even a benefit for a daily driver. 

$7000 to $8000 for just the transmission parts is not money well spent!

Thanks for the links Brent (and your message reply!). Ive been looking at them too, all bar one are cash on collection and Im sick of dealing with people in the UK and their stubbornness on shipping outside the UK. 

This one might be interesting if shipping wasnt too OTT:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E34-V8-M60B40-Manual-5-speed-gearbox-transmission-1053401/303334185123?hash=item46a02058a3:g:rf8AAOSw-w9dsdPE

The other curve ball is.. just stick a 5speed auto from an M62 in it and dont go Megasquirt, use Fekzen in Sweden to mod the stock ECU into standalone mode. There was a time manuals were cheaper, but with the 10x premium on manual parts now, Im questioning this approach.

The idea was to get V8 power into the E28, but the budget is looking like 70% of the cost being on the manual conversion. That just doesnt make sense vs what the point was. I can buy an entire E32 and get a ton of other parts from it for less than just the adapter or bare gearbox. 

Will a 5HP transmission physically fit into an E28?

Edited by Kodachrome

1 hour ago, FIAT 131R said:

I have a 420G 6 speed manual.

Heh, and are you looking at selling it? :)

1 minute ago, FIAT 131R said:

Yes it's for sale

Cool, can you PM me an asking price?