Sign in to follow this  
beemwr

e30/RX7 BIG Brake Conversion Kit Been sold

Yeah, started off buying the bits for one, ended up with the bits & pieces for more than one!

This is for one kit but have duplicates of most of the parts seen or mentioned (I only have one other RX7 caliper pair which could be made into a kit too, if someone is interested.) 

Have quite a few new machined discs, adaptor plates etc just ask. (I need to do an inventory I expect.)

The pics show very much what you will get.

The calipers have had new seals, new bolts, etc, the discs have been machined to fit the BMW e30 made and rebuilt by Engineers.

Adaptors for brake lines and adaptor plates for the e30/RX7caliper I have had done locally. I have successfully used all the parts mentioned on two of my  e30's- can't see them in pic but use of nordic washers is made for a fast brake pad change. The sample disc in pic is an old used one, showing surface rust, and the two new discs are in the resealed packaging which would come with the kit.

Yeah, sold a couple of the e30's I had planned putting these kits into and have spare discs as they have been getting scarce to find and now with GST and shipping

These are pretty expensive now to bring in. If there is anything I have missed happy for any replies.

All I have done then is fit them to the two cars I have had done which was very much at the basic skill level which is one above the idiot level.

Plenty of You Tube and e30sites to research the why and how. I found getting the RX7 calipers to be the most expensive part of the kit.

Happy to sell off most of the bits needed (except for supplying the calipers and seal kits).

On this site $650 plus shipping for the complete e30/RX7 Kit. For the bits with-out RX7 calipers & seals  $300 plus shipping.

DSC00129.JPG

DSC00131.JPG

Edited by beemwr
have been sold

What size rims are needed with these? 

They fit behind some 15” rims, weaves are very tight to the back of the spokes and really need a spacer.

I've read that they work with a fairly open 15" rim.
I know they can fit under TRM C1 15x8 ET20 wheels with a small amount of metal removed from the bump on the outside face of the caliper.

1 hour ago, gjm said:

What size rims are needed with these? 

I've had 15in BBS's.

15 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

They fit behind some 15” rims, weaves are very tight to the back of the spokes and really need a spacer.

On one e30, I had, came with ET 30(?) weaves from another make(?} worked ok, from memory it didn't have the heat dissapation 'fins', they had probably been 'shaved' as there were no 'Mazda' either.

A bit of prospective buyer beware and research needed.

22 minutes ago, Kobra said:

I've read that they work with a fairly open 15" rim.
I know they can fit under TRM C1 15x8 ET20 wheels with a small amount of metal removed from the bump on the outside face of the caliper.

I can't readily find the 'UTube' clip of an e30/RX7 demo of before and after, showing improvement of the change. Wanted to see if tyres had been changed etc as the tyre rubber is very instrumental in the stopping/slowing distance too.

12 hours ago, beemwr said:

I've had 15in BBS's.

I have a set of 15x7 et15 Ronal rims - sounds like this would fit quite nicely.

<thinking...> ?

Only have some new bolts, nordic washers & brake hose-to- caliper adaptors left.

Have a set on an e30 race-car though, that is currently on marketplace  & here as a turn key buy, which l am contemplating parting out after an November event if it is not sold before.