Sign in to follow this  
Kiwi_BMW

Alpina B10

Is it just me or does the B10 badge look off? 

Fairly sure they didn't ship with a V8 badge? 

Edited by EurolessNoMore

Manual seats......interesting. 

This has been on TM for months. Understandably so, given the price. Looks to be in great condition though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EurolessNoMore said:

Is it just me or does the B10 badge look off? 

Fairly sure they didn't ship with a V8 badge? 

It looks original to me and there were 5 different engines in the E39 Alpina and all had the engine details on the boot lid, 3.2, 3.3, V8, V8 S and D10

In terms of formatting, it's like the O is sideways. Different height to the B and 1...maybe that's just how alpina roll. 

The v8 is a 4.6 litre version of the m62.

I love the detailing on the steering wheel. Think it is a lovely car. Not sure that the price should be commensurate to the values of premium E39 M5’s as the demand for these is surely not the same (despite the rarity).

A few of you may have read my thread on my US spec E39 M5 on the Showroom section. I see that this Alpina has the Amber indicator lenses like US cars - which I subsequently replaced with Euro style Hella’s. Were the amber lenses for the Japanese market? So did the Jap spec  E39 540i’s have the same? 

Curious.

Edited by ssbmw

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:56 PM, EurolessNoMore said:

In terms of formatting, it's like the O is sideways. Different height to the B and 1...maybe that's just how alpina roll. 

If you have a look for photos of Alpina E39 B10's online you will find that is how they are, haven't checked the B3 etc to see how they compare to the 5 series Alpina's.

I would like a testdrive in the E39 B10 3.3 as they were available in manual and the Alpina E60 B5s would be worth a look at 530 hp.