Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Max

Reading/reflashing Bosch EDC16

Ok so I'm playing with the idea of getting a tune for the E53 X5 with M57D30. Just wondering if anyone here has a way of reading and reflashing the DME? I have been told Kess V2 is probably the best way but would like to avoid shelling out more $$$ on something that will probably only get used once, so I'm looking for alternative software/methods.

I have a K+DCAN cable, ISTA -D and -P, NCS etc. all set up and working but I don't think these have the ability to do this, is that correct?

Hi there, none of those cable will able to flash a custom rom. I have tools to flash your DME. Since you're not based in wellington you will need to send me your ecu and ill tune it/flash for you

Pramod

14 hours ago, promo said:

Hi there, none of those cable will able to flash a custom rom. I have tools to flash your DME. Since you're not based in wellington you will need to send me your ecu and ill tune it/flash for you

Pramod

Hmmm is that something that can be done through the OBD port, or does the DME have to come out and be opened up? It's my daily driver and I can't really be without the car for a week, however I'm coming through Wellington on the 7th and back down on the 12th.

Interesting that you say it can't be done with Kess V2, yet the person doing the tune has recommended using that over anything else, and has done many of these tunes for the X5's before.

Edited by Mad_Max

Sorry i meant  K+DCAN cable cant do it. Kess v2 and Ktag can. i have both, also bitbox, pcm flasher, mmc flasher etc. have done a lot of remaps different cars

Edited by promo

48 minutes ago, promo said:

Sorry i meant  K+DCAN cable cant do it. Kess v2 and Ktag can. i have both, also bitbox, pcm flasher, mmc flasher etc. have done a lot of remaps different cars

Ok cool, thanks for the clarification. Does the DME need to be removed or can you do it through the OBD port with Kess?

Want to flick me a PM about how you'd do it, what sort of results you'd expect and how much you'd charge if I can arrange the timing to suit?