Sign in to follow this  
NZ BMW

Autoglym now at Supercheap Auto

As the title says. I was looking on their website as needed some new materials and products. 

looks to be the whole range. I picked up some tyre dressing and rubber/plastic cleaner or dressing. First time using it, seems like good stuff. 

I know a lot of you guys like their stuff so would let you know just in case. 

• Sad 1

Sadly this move is "very unhelpful" to the established NZ Distributors...  

My suggestion:  support your local distributor!  They're the ones with the knowledge, product support, being a part of the community car shows on weekends.

Thanks for that Olaf, Yes Autoglym is now available from Super Cheap, they don't carry the full range.

Any products they don't carry & you want, let me know, as I am the distributor for the lower half of the North Island, well was !!

There is a bit of a back story, but I wont go into that here!!

Regards

Barry

• Like 1

I tend to try and avoid Supercheap these days.  They are no longer cheap.  They are flogging off utter sh*t for crazy prices.  Especially any of their rubbish quality SCA electrical stuff.

Where you might save a few bucks on consumables like car wash.  They will rip you off on items that should be far cheaper.

Take advantage of their oil sales though.

Edited by Driftit

Yes we all know that Supercheap are far from and we all know what REPCO stands for... a comfortable duopoly thanks to big marketing budgets...

• Like 1

Just remember, before there was Bras n Things, there was:

Brake aNd Transmission!  BNT.

I found the wheel cleaner very good.

I think dragons breath is still slightly better though.

18 hours ago, zero said:

I found the wheel cleaner very good.

I think dragons breath is still slightly better though.

How many washes did you get out of the wheel cleaner?  I had the Luxxio one and it was only about 10-12 washes.

1 hour ago, Driftit said:

How many washes did you get out of the wheel cleaner?  I had the Luxxio one and it was only about 10-12 washes.

Um, I cant remember sorry

The Auto Glym Bumper and Trim Gel is amazing

• Like 1

I have to say.  I miss being able to buy the extra large size Maguires from Costco.  I got a 4 liter was for $12..

2 hours ago, Driftit said:

I have to say.  I miss being able to buy the extra large size Maguires from Costco.  I got a 4 liter was for $12..

Saw some of that at Repco... 

As what always happens the smaller niche players like OCD etc have tapped into a good little market. Now the bigger players are revamping and expanding their product ranges to capitalise on it. 

Last wax/polish I used was Autoglym UDS and it was pretty good.

For wheels, CRC Mag Monster is hands down the best wheel cleaner I have used.  Beats Dragons Breathe for sure, and doesn't smell like sh*t.

It doesn't go very far straight from the bottle though, so may pay to dilute 50/50.  The 500mL bottle is only $13 on special and the 4L is $100 when on special (https://www.repco.co.nz/en/car-care-panel/car-care/tyre-care/crc-9309-mag-monster-mag-wheel-cleaner-4l/p/A1336147)

• Like 1

Will keep an eye open for that one.  As you know the wheels on this E87 are fun to clean.