Sign in to follow this  
moda

E36 M3/4 Byzanz Metallic

5 hours ago, bradgalbraith said:

He's running a business.. how is a car dealer supposed to make money if he sells a car for what it owes him? Common man

I'm pretty uncommon, actually.

On 3/25/2020 at 1:53 PM, KwS said:

I'm pretty uncommon, actually.

I am in the belief that he paid about $20,000 for it. It was offered to me for $22,000 in December but I declined due to the high mileage as I was/am looking for an 'investment' car.

He might make money... I think not though, for the reason given above.  But, In 2 or 3 years... if he doesn't drive it...

Has anyone been watching this car on TM? 
I note the dealer has put the price up to $35k. After it sitting at $30k for most of the year. 
it was momentarily dropped down to $25k for a week or two a couple of months ago. 

Maybe he thinks (perceived) classic car values follow the demand and price increases for residential property... 

I can’t see FOMO with this one though. 

Edited by coop

I've been to see it a couple of times and spoken with the guy there. I think the asking price fluctuates with the general state of the business. 

Thats one of the problems with dealers that sit on stock for ages instead of pricing it for quick turnover; it all just starts to age badly and get/look neglected. There are a couple of dealers down here that sit on their stock for ages and the cars suffer in the sun.