Sign in to follow this  
coop

E34 540iS

Bargain! ?. Really do Like this

I would have bought this for 16k when it was initially offered. But because he was a bit of dick I bought two other cars, pisses me off as I really wanted it but now the money is spent. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Herbmiester said:

But because he was a bit of dick 

Haha, care to elaborate?? 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Michael. said:

Haha, care to elaborate?? 

My opinion on how he answered questions, the length of the auctions and changing buy now pricing upwards during the auction.

1 hour ago, Herbmiester said:

My opinion on how he answered questions, the length of the auctions and changing buy now pricing upwards during the auction.

Ah yeah, I know the vibe. 

So those were shill bids at the end correct? I’ve just been offered it for $16k.

• Like 1

Smells fishy to me

• Like 1

wow weird " shaguar1 Hey, sorry to do this, but I need you to remove my bid. I’ve bought something else. Thanks" -  6:19 pm, Fri 29 May

The auction closed at 7.30pm thaat same night. 

Seems very strange you'd be bidding on a specific car like that and then suddenly buy something else in such a short time... 

• Like 1

It gets murkier and murkier.....

3 hours ago, leichtbau said:

So those were shill bids at the end correct? I’ve just been offered it for $16k.

What a f**king joke. I would love to buy it if its around when I sell my car, but wouldnt want to give that a**hole the pleasure of having my money. No doubt it will be around when my car is for sale though, even if that is months away...

1 hour ago, Michael. said:

wow weird " shaguar1 Hey, sorry to do this, but I need you to remove my bid. I’ve bought something else. Thanks" -  6:19 pm, Fri 29 May

Seems very strange you'd be bidding on a specific car like that and then suddenly buy something else in such a short time... 

people  are very strange.When i had my 535 a guy knocked on my door and asked if he could buy it.I said sure make me an offer.His offer was ludicrous.I gave him my number i think.When i did sell the 535,as soon as i isted it he rang me up and said he would buy it as soon as the auction was finished.The auction ran its course and he was straight on the phone again,but i had a guy from CHCH who wanted to see it.(he was a watcher) .That didnt work out so i rang the other guy,but he had bought another car that same weekend!

2 hours ago, Michael. said:

shaguar came back into the bidding at 7.29pm and pushed it up to 15990. Leaving pinkjellydonut with it at 16k. Ironically andy003 was the big hitter see what he has for sale at the moment. Just sold a 911R  last week too.

All more than a little bit off really,  just not what you expect to see from Trade Me. Really the "shill bids should be disallowed, and the car sold to the only bona fide bidder andy003 who wisely stopped at 15050, which was the true money on the night.

Edited by Bandit

This was the second or third time re listed after the seller declared it won’t be re listed again. 

• Like 1

Seems more like a case of bidding on his own auction and pretending like the sale didnt happen cuz his other acc is “a scammer”. 
why would you leave that kind of feedback with a positive face?

probably will just relist and do it again until he gets a higher price

• Like 2

Very odd. 

Is this why so many cars are selling for obscene prices, eg 130k Honda Integras and 100k Supras? haha

This whole sale process has a been a joke. If he hadn't been a dick he would have had his 16k from me. 

• Like 2

Its an utterly gorgeous car, just a shame the seller is a right diddle.

• Like 1

Did anyone get this guys number perchance? I still really want it...

Only 8k more than what it was offered to @leichtbau for.

55 minutes ago, Driftit said:

Only 8k more than what it was offered to @leichtbau for.

FOR. f**kS. SAKE.

And to further murkify the water around the $16K auction, Shaguar1 who asked for his bid to be removed has a couple of E34's that are a magnitude rarer than the kiwi 540iS's, so he might have been legit? I stand by my statement that the top bid was a shill bidder on behalf of the seller however.

Edit: Of course the new $24k price is a knee jerk at the immaculate black 535iS going for moonbeans, yea?

Edited by leichtbau
addional thoughts.

If memory serves he always wanted ~24k in past auctions. The problem is no one wants to own it for that so he appeared explore other 'tactics'. 

• Like 1

It looks a lot like my old one, but half the KM

Sold for 12.5K back in 2006

Shame the old pic links are dead

Edited by LemonHunter