Sign in to follow this  
KarakaJack

Comfort Access running down my battery

I have an E87 (Jap import) which originally came installed with Comfort Access, but at some stage this was disconnected. I had some electrical work done to the car after an accident last year and they reinstalled it, however since then it's been running down the battery (which is only a year old). My garage (Page European) says it's a problem with Comfort Access as it's on the whole time, constantly searching for a connection to the fob. It usually starts after a couple of turns, but a couple of times I've had to call a breakdown service to get me started, which is a pain. Page says it's difficult to disconnect Comfort (and it's a handy feature anyway so I'd rather not). Does anyone else have this problem?

You might just have to do a parasitic drain test on the electrical system fuse by fuse, it will give you a much better idea of what’s draining the battery. 

I have a much newer car (2014) with Comfort Access and will still start even when it got parked up for 2 months. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KarakaJack said:

My garage (Page European) says it's a problem with Comfort Access as it's on the whole time, constantly searching for a connection to the fob.

I'm not sure that's a 100% correct, the E87 has the early type comfort access I think - where you have to pull the door handle for it to open? The system will only search for the key fob when then handle is pulled to activate. Even if it were looking for the fob "constantly" the drain would be very low. The new proximity Comfort Access which does constantly ping for the fob (and open / close the bloody doors as you are walking around or past the car with the key) doesn't run the battery down that quickly.

It suggests to me that there is a fault in the Comfort Access, or an associated circuit, that is causing the battery drain as it will be permanently live. As above, do some deeper digging to see if you can find where it is pulling the current.