Sign in to follow this  
pc233

What other BMW spare wheel kits will fit an E61?

Good morning all, I am likely to be buying an E61 525i today, my first Bimmer since I left the UK in 2011. It is a Japanese import and I would like to get a spare wheel kit for it. Do other model's spare wheel kits work on an E61? I've searched the Net and am still a bit unsure. Any help will be much appreciated.

Good question. I’ve been searching for this sort of information too for the e92 and not much luck. 

Plenty of parts systems on-line that can give you the part number from the E61 and then what other models it was used on - realoem is one of the most popular.

There are only a limited number of the Emergency Spare Wheels (aka space savers) available as rolling diameter is the only real factor, so there should be a large degree of commonality across models.

Be aware that apart from ET (offset to clear suspension and calipers), the rolling circumference MUST be the same otherwise the vehicle will be electrically controlled to not drive over 30kph. The OP also needs to identify the wheels and give tyre sizes fitted to those wheels if they aren't standard fitment. I once had a customer drive from  to Botany at 30kph with a space saver on

Edited by B.M.W Ltd

Had five minutes spare so did some digging in ETK, E61 525i (I've guessed at LCI, looks to be different for pre-LCI) retrofit spare wheel kit - 36 11 0 308 889  steel wheel on it's own 4B x 17 ET 18 - 36 11 6 758 77

Spare wheel kit is listed for ALL LCI E60 and E6, the wheel is also used on E83 LCI X3s as a spare wheel.

i have a single alloy for a e60 e61 etc , like new , alloy only  , 18" i think from memory 

Wow! Thanks for the swift and comprehensive responses! It it really appreciated. ?

FYI, I picked up a 2006 525i on Friday 20th and drove it back from Auckland yesterday. Excellent drive and now I must get to know the foibles of owning an E61.

It did come with a full-sized, matching five-spoke, 17in alloy which the previous owner had bought, but had strangely neglected to get a wheel brace and jack at the same time. As such my first 'official' stop was Euro1 in Auckland to rectify that oversight.

Attached is a photo of my car by the Makohine Viaduct just south of Mangaweka. A long day, but GOOD!!!

20191221_190107.jpg

Edited by pc233
Fix typo
  • Like 2

On 12/20/2019 at 10:28 AM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Plenty of parts systems on-line that can give you the part number from the E61 and then what other models it was used on - realoem is one of the most popular.

There are only a limited number of the Emergency Spare Wheels (aka space savers) available as rolling diameter is the only real factor, so there should be a large degree of commonality across models.

Thanks for the website. As soon as I went on it I remembered it from when I had my E34. The only other model besides the E60/61 that has the same space saver is the X3. Go figure! Cheers. P.