Sign in to follow this  
hawk188

2004 545i E60 low tyre pressure reset

Hi all - got a dead CIC unit on my 2004 545i E60. Had low tyre pressure red symbol on dash, was only a flat tyre and had it fixed but now stuck with the annoying symbol which I can't reset unless I take it to workshop without the CIC display :(

Saw this BAT TECH XTUNER E3 [Vpecker] WIFI OBD OBD2 Automotive Diagnostic Scan Tool on Tradme for $295 and claim it will apart from other things, be able to reset TPMS . Does anyone have one of this unit and confirm it can do the reset ? 

Or any 'tricks' to get rid of the low tyre pressure warning ?

Any help or suggestions appreciated :)

Thanking all in advance ....

Cheers

Tyre pressure_light.jpg

Have you investigated getting the CIC repaired/replaced ?

Ya - gonna cost me about $1K or more :( ...... not really wanting to do that..... thanks for your suggestion anyway :thumbs-up:

I'm quite sure you can't access the CIC unit if it's not working to cancel the run flat warning light on the display. I could be wrong

BTW: What area do live in ?

Edited by B.M.W Ltd

@B.M.W LtdApparently the OBD2 scanner can reset lots of service/maintenance including TPMS - think I'll just ask the seller the question. Hate the idea of buying and asking for refunds if it does not work :) I'm in the Franklin area btw.... and thanks for the reply.....

I'm not sure if the E60's CCC system is similar to the E90's, but in the E90 at least you can still complete some functions using only the dash OBC... Don't know if you've seen these instructions, but worth a try if you haven't:

• Start engine.
  • Hold turn signal lever in the up or down position until TPMS tell tale symbol and RESET are displayed.
  • Press button at end of turn signal lever.
  • Press and hold button at end of turn signal lever until a check appears after RESET.
  • Vehicle must be driven to complete relearn.

HI Jonoe30 - thanks for the reply - I will definitely give that go and let you know how I got on.

Owe you big time if that works 

:)  :thumbs-up:

Cheers!!