Sign in to follow this  
pc233

Back to owing a Bimmer

Hello everyone, I may have joined ages ago when I was looking for an E34 Touring, in order to replace the one I sadly had to leave behind in the UK, but now I have finally come back to owning a BMW after digressing into Audi territory (Sorry about that, but good E34 Tourings are rather hard to come by here).

On Friday I picked up a 2006 525i E61. I had studied the available options on Trademe, learned as much as I could about E60/61s, test drove a number of cars and eventually settled on the car I brought back from Auckland yesterday.

The ex-Japan car has 109,000kms, (of which I have already put on just over 750kms), was imported in 2017 with one previous owner here in NZ, metallic blue (which makes the wife happy ?), has a black, full-leather interior and my preferred choice of walnut veneer finish and five-spoke alloys, as well as non-runflats. The previous owner also purchased a full-sized, five-spoke spare wheel, but strangely no jack or wheel-brace. (Since rectified by a visit to Euro1).

It doesn't have a moon-roof, which I am ambivalent about as my E34 had one and, apart from it leaking a couple of times in torrential downpours over six year's of ownership, it never gave me any trouble. It was, however, wonderful on the English summer evenings (when there weren't torrential downpours that is).

Although it is ex-Japan, the radio has been fully converted to NZ stations, and not just by fitting a band expander, as well as having full NZ/Aust navigation. It also still has the original Japanese owner's books and manuals, and although I can't read any of them, there is enough info to show it was serviced from new at a BMW dealership.

Overall it is an excellent condition and I'm looking forward to trying to keep it that way.

Attached are a few images from my trip back home yesterday.

Looking forward to being part of this community and thanks to those who answered my earlier query about spare-wheel kits.20191221_092215.jpg

20191221_155319.jpg20191221_190107.jpg20191221_205458.jpg

Edited by pc233
Swap order of photos.
  • Like 3

Thanks; the car isn't bad either!! ?

• Haha 1

Welcome Paul and congrats on the purchase - look forward to catching up soon! :)

looks very smart, Paul.  Welcome!  Plenty to do with the Welly Crew!

On 12/23/2019 at 7:09 AM, EurolessNoMore said:

Oh hush, you silver fox you. 

?

1 hour ago, Olaf said:

looks very smart, Paul.  Welcome!  Plenty to do with the Welly Crew!

Cheers, looking forward to getting involved in the New Year!

11 hours ago, TermiPeteNZ said:

Welcome Paul and congrats on the purchase - look forward to catching up soon! :)

Sounds good, I'm looking forward to catching up as well. When is the first New Year event?

9 Jan 2020, 6.30pm at 1841 Bar in Johnsonville, BMW Car Club NZ Welly Crew pub night, family friendly, dinner and a convivial beverage or two, all welcome!