Sign in to follow this  
lord_jagganath

F15 X5 200k oil burning mile muncher

I doubt you could rack up 50,000kms a year crawling in Auckland traffic so chances are it’s been on fairly long hot runs, which would be a plus - keeps the top end cleaner.

If the servicing has been regular, and not scrimped on, should be all good.

Not totally km related but I would check how much life is left in the major wear items like tyres, pads, rotors, etc as they could add a few $$$s soon if they are well down.

• Like 1

DPF is prob the main thing I'd look out for. Should hopefully be relativity clean with that sort of mileage but never know 

22 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

I doubt you could rack up 50,000kms a year crawling in Auckland traffic so chances are it’s been on fairly long hot runs, which would be a plus - keeps the top end cleaner.

If the servicing has been regular, and not scrimped on, should be all good.

Not totally km related but I would check how much life is left in the major wear items like tyres, pads, rotors, etc as they could add a few $$$s soon if they are well down.

checked the lot, book is full of continental stamps, property dev so shuttling between auck and Taupo almost everyday. tyres, rotors and pads are new, was done at last WOF ( failed last warrant due to these I gather)

I like that it is still like brand new on the inside. 

• Like 2

looks like a lot of car for the money.  I've recently been looking at 2012 models thinking 'hey, circa $30k for circa 100kms, I could do that'... F15 more appealing.

16 hours ago, NZ BMW said:

Which thread should we be looking at? The one that asks to see your 22’ dubs? ?

Or any of the ones talking about SCR (ad-blu) or any of the other US features not fitted on NZ models, or even US models not offered in NZ. It’s a factor with all these “bigger” BMW sites they are heavily biased to US or EU drivers as that is where the vast majority of their users are based. That looks to be a US biased site.

14 hours ago, lord_jagganath said:

checked the lot, book is full of continental stamps, property dev so shuttling between auck and Taupo almost everyday. tyres, rotors and pads are new, was done at last WOF ( failed last warrant due to these I gather)

I like that it is still like brand new on the inside. 

Sounds like a good deal to me. So many buyers are put off by the high Kms number, but if the car has been looked after (and it sounds like it has) then it’s an opportunity for the discerning buyer.

• Like 2