hunter

Project E39

Looks much better than the duke. Hopefully you dont have any issues.

• Like 1

Still got 12 months in the factory warranty. So should be covered for most things. 

@Eagle are you referring to the KTM 390 engine issues. Thankfully this is a 2022 model and most of those bugs are gone from what I’ve read, and with a fresh tank of 98 octane it’s running really nice. 

I wanted to adjust the chain today but don’t have the impact tools needed. Doh. 

My old Ducati didn’t need impact drivers to undo anything. haha. 

You'd just need a breaker bar to crack the rear sprocket i would of thought?

Great working with @Eagle yesterday to swap out the front top hats ala Sreten for some slightly lower E91 ones with a shorter height.

Wanting the front to come down a little to even out the ride height asthetics.

While in their the front brake pads were swapped too, to get rid of the everpresent "jingle" from the front right. the system was bled too, we found some air in the right rear which was interesting. I havent been able to go for a decent drive but the pedal feels better already and no noise.

• Like 1

For a long while now my windscreen washer bottle hasn’t wanted to hold much fluid to wash the screen and the headlights. While I don’t use this too often, the frequent "Washer fluid low" messages in the dash were getting frustrating as was the puddle of water in my garage. 

Removing the wheel liner and topping off the tank to spot leaks I noticed the base of the headlight pump was leaking as the rubber gasket was no longer sealing well enough and the same pump was leaking from where the output hose attached to it. Removing the hose revealed the O ring on the plastic nipple was hard and no longer sealing either. 

Turning to FCP Euro I ended up getting new pumps, rubber gaskets and grommets for the whole system. This has replaced all the original equipment on the washer bottle to avoid rework in the future. 

install is a breeze and a good opportunity for a clean-up and flush of the tank. A quick test reveals that there are no longer any leaks and everything is spraying as it should. 👍

Edited by hunter
spelling
  • Like 1