Sign in to follow this  
beemwr

Is this the current e30 M3 bench mark in NZ or not?

'An 1987 BMW e30 M3 has just been sold on the TM Auction site for $90,100.'

A willing seller and a couple of willing bidders contested for the ownership of one very good patina'd e30 M3 indeed.

Not sure what you mean by "bench mark", it's certainly not the highest price reached, but for what it was the price would seem to be in-line with the world wide market.

There have been a number of over-priced examples on TradeMe for a while, which have started to have their asking prices dropped. It's a buyer's market at the moment on E30 M3s!! :D

• Like 1

Prices on all the other E30 M3s on trademe have started to tumble (well, come down a bit).

Oh goody... only another few decades and I might be able to buy one without feeling guilty.

$45k for a time bomb? No thanks.

Subframe needs proof of doing, VANOS and pump hub need proof of doing, SMG pump and accumulator seals need proof of doing and then it's a $35k car at best.

All these people selling 'quick' BMW's seem to be dreaming, whether it's an E30 M3, E36 M3, E46 M3, CSL, Z3M etc, etc, they're crazy prices. How many are actually selling?

E60 M5's are selling for less than 25k, that 1M will sell for less than 50k... more realistic.

• Like 5

Fav M3 model not example.  I would never buy off a car dealership especially when the vehicle as had 7+ owners like this one listed by Christchurch European.

This series online is interesting for any e46 enthusiasts out there

https://youtu.be/ZvJ_v03zreQ

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top
Quoting preceding post.

23 hours ago, M3AN said:

All these people selling 'quick' BMW's seem to be dreaming, whether it's an E30 M3, E36 M3, E46 M3, CSL, Z3M etc, etc, they're crazy prices. How many are actually selling?

E60 M5's are selling for less than 25k, that 1M will sell for less than 50k... more realistic.

Not all sales of these models are through TradeMe so don't use that as a true gauge of the market and sales. In my opinion TradeMe is the last place cars like the ones you have listed should be sold, especially good examples that would be worth a price premium. Many of those cars are a worldwide commodity and shipping around the world is both cheap and easy from NZ, whereas TM is basically only a NZ market place which is a very small pond of buyers at the best of times.

What that does mean though, is that some of the best examples of those cars have gone overseas from NZ which is a shame.

Not really the NZ market, it’s the NZ market for dreamers, tyre kickers and rivet counters. Not many serious buyers of those cars on TM, if any.

• Like 1

Trademe is surely the best place to advertise it in NZ (classified, not auction). It's probably also the worst place to sell a high value car in NZ.

If something noteworthy goes up on TM everybody in NZ with any interest in it will hear about it... then it's all a matter of how the conversation goes outside of TM.

Ive bought and sold a lot of cars, and not once used anything other than Tardme. I tried Facebook, but its marketplace is cancer and nothing but a waste of time.

You might get some cars sold via word of mouth, or flicking it off to a dealer or turners, but everything else basically happens on TM. The exception is of course rare and uncommon cars, but M3s are cheaper and easier to get elsewhere than in NZ.

Edited by KwS
  • Like 2

Selling vehicle on TM depends on how quickly the Seller needs to sell the vehicle for financial reasons or even to avoid long over due maintenance repairs.  I made the mistake last year of purchasing a pretty special S/C Autobiography on a whim within 10mins of the test drive as the 340 kw hooked me but at $300 a tank to fill and sh*t load of overdue maintenance needing attention I sold it just before Christmas for nearly $10k less, lucky we have $ trees in the Sth Isl ?.

Note to self only buy BMW's or Alpina's with full service history and low ownership in the future.

Like this superb B3 3.3 which is this years birthday present if NZTA let her into NZ!

UK B3 3.3 2002 #2.jpg

UK B3 3.3 2002 #3.jpg

UK B3 3.3 2002 #1.jpg

5 hours ago, JonRP said:

Like this superb B3 3.3 which is this years birthday present if NZTA let her into NZ!

Trying to remember which year was a "W" plate, but then it could be younger than that as it looks to be a semi-personal plate with the "ALP" bit. If it's over 20 years old it should be Ok, otherwise it could be a long job proving it meets the Euro IV and frontal impact regulations.

Hi, the UK plate is what's called in the UK a 'cherish plate' I believe.  UK system of Registration is completely different, that plate could be 25 to 35 years old as Registration Plates are allocated by numbers to the different Counties in the UK and can be sold I've been told.

Yes B3 3,3 doesn't meet modern Regs for impact or Euro IV but I've made application to NZTA to import & register in NZ under 'special interest vehicle' 

Application-for-SIV-permit.pdf SIV_-_TB26.pdf