Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

E46 M3 CSL

With 3 pedals! Thoughts....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting... I'm in two minds. I prefer manuals but should you mess with such a revered, limited edition car? He's certainly taken value off the car but that may not be a consideration (also has a BBK). And who specs a CSL with PDC FFS?

Having spent hours with the CSL the SMGII with the CSL software is really very good but it's not dual clutch and never will be so you need to factor that in.

I think the proper answer is keep the CSL with SMGII and buy an E46 M3 with a 6 speed to keep it company.

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1

It's a real beater of a CSL - 140,000 miles, stone chips for days.

I was a 'manual only' guy until I owned an SMG. I really like it. But the issues will come sooner or later.  @HELLBM converted mine, and I do love it. 

If he went with a CAE or RTD shifter I wonder if the whole thing is totally reversible? 

Yet another video claiming this to be the greatest ///M car of all time - no wonder they are heating up!  

1 hour ago, m325i said:

Yet another video claiming this to be the greatest ///M car of all time - no wonder they are heating up!  

If the market is such, that an e36 M3 can command 32k and an e46 10k more, then it's also a very, very narrow market. And with a population of ~5M that means only one or two a year will sell at those levels (edit: dealers excluded).

tbh, I think they're all being unrealistic. But if they're not, I'm sitting on a pot of gold.

However irreversible conversions will never hold their value. I'm not sure if the changes made to the CSL can be cost effectively reversed?

Edited by M3AN