Sign in to follow this  
Cale

BMW 1M -- A new price level?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-2494278640.htm?rsqid=cb7524f425314acc9a7ebc476c09b16f-001

Where do you guys think 1M prices are going to go?

This is the cheapest 1M I have seen so far at $50k. All others are around the $75 - 85k mark and don't seem to be moving. You'd get a bit of security being a dealer and I reckon black is the second best of the three colour options for these. Slightly higher mileage than average though, and not sure if the wheel colour is an original option?

There’s a large premium for low km ones of these, so I suppose the lower price is due to the high (ish) kms. 

The “some” service history would require investigation as to what servicing it may have missed out on.

Given the dealer I’m surprised to not see it decked out on black rims and low-cost tyres...

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ctho said:

There’s a large premium for low km ones of these, so I suppose the lower price is due to the high (ish) kms. 

Large premium being asked but they seem to hang around for years. No doubt they're great cars but 50k is still too much for what it is in my opinion.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Large premium being asked but they seem to hang around for years. No doubt they're great cars but 50k is still too much for what it is in my opinion.

I personally don't see the appeal of them. I understand they're ~250kW go carts but even then, I'd rather buy other appreciating BMW models with similar factory power figures for less money. Personally I'd rather a FL E46/92 M3. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NZ BMW said:

Given the dealer I’m surprised to not see it decked out on black rims and low-cost tyres...

They did me a solid.

I'd not heard of them before but they were sweet to deal with. And I got a bargain.

i like the 1M a lot, but it makes more financial sense to me to buy a manual 135i for 20k and have basically the same car.

• Like 2

For sure it's different and I realise all the 1M haters say it's not a "real" M car and of course if you run 100 pounds of boost your 135 will be faster but it's still the best (and only) widebody 1 series you can buy and it's the tits.

3 hours ago, qube said:

but its not basically the same car at all, thats the point lol

Widebody, LSD and some interior changes yeah? Other than the widebody, all easily addable to a 135i and still have a big wad of change left over.

Im a big fan of the 1M, don't get me wrong, but i still wouldn't pay the huge premium for one unless i was in it for collecting, and not for driving and enjoying.

Agree.

135i + 10k and you're already leaving the 1m behind. 

1m is a great looking little car though. 

• Like 1

You see e9x M3's every day, I saw one getting fed 91 at BP yesterday, rolled eyes. You dont see 1Ms, and if I saw one getting fed 91 Id go have words. Thats the difference, and why worth more :D 

The 1M and the 135i are totally different cars. If you were to say i can buy a 135i for 25k and spend 25k on it, its gonna be faster than a 1M, you sir are a total douche bag... There's more history in the 1M with all the suspension and body work. For those who are comparing the two cars has never driven a 1M and personally should not comment or compare the two...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HypedKidz said:

If you were to say i can buy a 135i for 25k and spend 25k on it, its gonna be faster than a 1M, you sir are a total douche bag... 

Woah, calm down tough guy ?

• Haha 5

19 hours ago, NZ BMW said:

It's still on the correct Michelins with decent tread and has 2 keys so the service history may be ok?

I was looking to buy this car when it was previously listed. I asked for the inspection report and with what was listed as issues and those not listed but due to the condition of the car would most likely need doing would say it needs close to 20k worth of work. By the time you spend that money you can get a low mileage one with full NZ service history. 

3 hours ago, lbirgel said:

I was looking to buy this car when it was previously listed. I asked for the inspection report and with what was listed as issues and those not listed but due to the condition of the car would most likely need doing would say it needs close to 20k worth of work. By the time you spend that money you can get a low mileage one with full NZ service history. 

What type of work that added up to ~20k?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, qube said:

Was up for sale, when ?

I think lbirgil must have been referring to the actual 1m in the OP not the clone

What's that saying, "A cheap, reliable, fast car?" Choose two only.

2 minutes ago, Palazzo said:

What's that saying, "A cheap, reliable, fast car?" Choose two only.

Wut? You're saying I can have fast and reliable? ?

Where? ?

• Like 1