Sign in to follow this  
M3AN

What's it worth? E36 M3 Evo rolling chassis and broken engine...

Agree. At 400k kms I would just do whatever to it. Just have fun with the platform. 

Okay, sorry for the lethargy in replying, owner is now effectively stuck in the UK (dual citizen).

He's going to hold onto it for the time being now. He sold his CSL and been able to put the broken M3 into proper storage whereas it he wasn't able to before (too many cars lol).

I'm sure he'll change his mind again once or twice and I will pop back to this thread if he does.

FYI he doesn't think he'd do it for 4k... he was thinking somewhere between 10 and 12k. I think it's probably somewhere in between but suggested that only the open market is likely to tell him the true value. 

There is no real benefit of an m3 shell except on paper but even that isnt worth a lot at 400k kms. 
im going to say its worth about $6-7. Cost of a new used engine is pretty high and if it was in running condition he would be selling it for $12-13k max. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, qube said:

There is no real benefit of an m3 shell except on paper but even that isnt worth a lot at 400k kms. 

You're not allowed to say that. 

I reckon $13-16k if running, spend another 10 and you've got a mint Evo.

I'd swap the mph cluster for a kph one and wear the 400k as a badge of pride.