Sign in to follow this  
Totalled

New Member and new to BMW

Hi everyone,

I've been reading the forums since i got the Bimmer back in September and thought it time i started participating.

I'm Dom and am the proud owner of a 120i E82 M-Sport. Its a great drive and i'm really loving it.

Being new to BMW and cars in general its been an interesting journey just learning the maintenance. But I've managed to do a few mods like reverse camera and Android Nav install. Keen to do a few more while keeping the car looking stock and continuing to learn.

thanks

• Like 1

Pics or it didn't happen... ?

Welcome and nice choice of platform, the 1er is getting some love around here at the moment.

But pics.

• Haha 1

Very nice... headlight washers too?

How do you find the Android 10.25"? I've just installed one myself, is yours from Avin USA (read: AVIN China)?

i really wish they had 128i in NZ. that would be my pick.

wonder how hard it is to convert the 3L N52 into an e82? that would also be awesome..

The head-units from Ali Express. A store called Astrowind. I did a lot of looking before i took the plunge. 

My experience has been mainly positive. I think because i had no Nav or iDrive originally, just a Jap Panasonic Strada, it had less install issues but i'm noticing some limitations/bugs as time is going on.

Example - You must have the music app opened first and it set to aux before you put the radio on or any phone call or voice directions will not come out of the left speaker.

I still prefer it to replacing the radio with a 7" screen.

• Like 1