Jacko

The 130i Thread

5 hours ago, M3AN said:

And there's nothing on the build sheet so nothing fitted from "factory" as per the ad.

Edit: but still, tidy, different manual for $8k isn't bad!

Is just a coding option on the LCI DSC module, is on by default on LCI cars. Considering my DSC module accepted coding for BBK, which is an LCI only option.. it may even be possible to turn it on on the older cars (why though..)

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jacko said:

Is just a coding option on the LCI DSC module, is on by default on LCI cars. Considering my DSC module accepted coding for BBK, which is an LCI only option.. it may even be possible to turn it on on the older cars (why though..)

Ah, that's something I didn't know... "eLSD" was standard on the E8x 135... same thing or different do you know?

7 minutes ago, M3AN said:

Ah, that's something I didn't know... "eLSD" was standard on the E8x 135... same thing or different do you know?

Probably same thing, havent looked into it, its probably the same DSC module on all the 6 pots (4 pots are different for sure) 

6 hours ago, M3AN said:

Edit: but still, tidy, different manual for $8k isn't bad!

It's one if these reserve not met deals, but yeah 8k is good value

30 minutes ago, NZ_InFerno said:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/2613704071?tm=email&et=45&mt=F909EDC8-3C14-49CC-9D87-FCE0B397F44E

Another 2 door, wonder if its the one which had stripes on it that was on trademe for ages. 

Yeah, think its the same one, or nearly identical. It was listed on tardme for like 14k, dripping in dealer slime silicon, then disappeared and came back on tardme for like 8k by same dealer... Seems... fishy. 

Same interior as mine. 

• Like 1

i kind of want to buy it.. the idea of a 2 door is nice with the n52 3L engine

Cool little car, kind of makes more sense as a 2 door given the back seat in these!

Yeah agreed regarding the seats. When I test drove one my seat was touching the rear seat 

6 minutes ago, NZ_InFerno said:

It was $7.5k for a while iirc, still a sharp price. Worth budgeting another couple of grand to fix any issues. 

I agree Dan, even if it cost you 3k more to get it mint you'd still walk away laughing.

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

29 minutes ago, NZ_InFerno said:

It was $7.5k for a while iirc, still a sharp price. Worth budgeting another couple of grand to fix any issues. 

Had this on my watching for a while now and slowly come down, I think they would even take 6.5k based on previous auctions. The rego looks familiar to me but can't look it up anymore to see what has been done to it

I reckon that unless the engine's about to detonate you couldn't lose. If I were local I'd own it, just for the sake of it.

cant deal with that interior colour tbh. also doesnt make sense financially as its in the SI.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, M3AN said:

I reckon that unless the engine's about to detonate you couldn't lose. If I were local I'd own it, just for the sake of it.

Would be a good drive back though ;)

2 hours ago, qube said:

cant deal with that interior colour tbh. also doesnt make sense financially as its in the SI.

Just checked that interior.  Yup I hate it.

I could definitely do cream or brown leather seats and door inserts but complete dash and interior..

Yeah, that's gonna be a "no" from me, dawg - Google Search (With ...

The terracotta I now love.  I have had cream interior once before.  It dated the car badly.  And not matter how much cleaning you did it always looked slightly dirty.

• Like 2

Change the wood trim to faux carbon or something else dark, give the leather a super duper clean and then I think it would actually look pretty nice.

Wood trim has to go on dark interior color.

9 minutes ago, Jacko said:

These are interesting, pity they arent manual. Looked at all the individual p/n and they look to be the same basic seat as an E82/81. https://www.trademe.co.nz/a.asp?id=2636599510&cc=602&pid=1302285989

If they had white stitching, and were a little more realistic price-wise I'd be quite interested in them, direct swap.

V6 as well, rare as.