Jacko

The 130i Thread

Obviously the seats are awesome as they are the same as mine.  But what's different about the door cards?  Which are also the same as mine.

56 minutes ago, Driftit said:

Obviously the seats are awesome as they are the same as mine.  But what's different about the door cards?  Which are also the same as mine.

LCI, us peasants in Pre-LCI cars drive around with inferior door cards... its about the only LCI difference worth having :D 

9 hours ago, Jacko said:

Cool interior, and turbo timer.. someone buy it and sell me the door cards and seats :D 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-1927908601.htm?

Not a turbo timer, looks like a pivot throttle controller for mad response. 

That interior colour is great though. 

Oh I saw this in Feb in person when I bought mine, the interior is in really good nick and is beautiful - would trade my black ones for it in a heartbeat. it had a service history in japan up to 40ks. The wheels are genuine forged Works and it had a really well fitting "fake" 1M bumper.  Couldn't spot any oil leaks

Unfortunately it has been on the yard for at least a year, it was initially priced at 19k so obviously had a hard time selling. 

The junior salesmen didn't let me drive it as it was boxed in and the battery was flat... Ended up buying a manual one, but if anyone ever wants to sell the seats.... PLEASE tell me

also like the wood, so if anyone buys it, they can have my aluminium trim haha

8 minutes ago, mzhu031 said:

also like the wood, so if anyone buys it, they can have my aluminium trim haha

I picked up a wood trim set from Zebra for $10... missing one RHS door handle trim, but still, ten bucks.

If I hadn't wrapped it in Alcantara I'd swap it with yours. Hadn't realised you were looking for it.  

18 minutes ago, mzhu031 said:

Oh I saw this in Feb in person when I bought mine, the interior is in really good nick and is beautiful - would trade my black ones for it in a heartbeat. it had a service history in japan up to 40ks. The wheels are genuine forged Works and it had a really well fitting "fake" 1M bumper.  Couldn't spot any oil leaks

Unfortunately it has been on the yard for at least a year, it was initially priced at 19k so obviously had a hard time selling. 

The junior salesmen didn't let me drive it as it was boxed in and the battery was flat... Ended up buying a manual one, but if anyone ever wants to sell the seats.... PLEASE tell me

I have that exact interior. At first I wasn't sure about it. Now I wouldn't have any other. Photos don't do it justice. 

1 hour ago, mzhu031 said:

Yes, I think this was the very first one I looked at in Oct/Nov last year. Was boxed in, gave the guy my number and he never got back to me. I think it was $15k at the time which I wasn't going to pay anyway. There was something else about it that was wrong I think, I just can't recall what.

Be interesting to see where it gets to, a new indicator of the 130i post-covid market.

Whats with all these post covid M badges in the wrong place ? 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ctho said:

Going to have a looksie tomorrow 

going for a pair of 130s? :D

8 hours ago, qube said:

going for a pair of 130s? :D

I wish. Haven't update my car list on here in a while.. Had one now I miss it 

1 hour ago, ctho said:

I wish. Haven't update my car list on here in a while.. Had one now I miss it 

Im also pretty keen to buy it if you dont end up taking it

Look, I'd take the dark line rear lights but, in 2020, why do dealers still try to hock low km cars for silly prices?

Regardless of miles, this is $5k over-priced: https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-2648370777.htm

Also rubbish photos, looks to have an aftermarket headunit (+spoiler, +pedal covers).

Lower kms generally means less wear and tear, and some buyers would pay a premium for that. When the car is a bit older, the whole low kms part becomes less important versus proper servicing on the time basis not distance, and the condition of the car for me anyways. 

Some might still pay a little bit more for the lower km example, but as you say it’s a long way off the market price where it is. Low kms don’t make it worth anywhere near that much more.

As for the photos, they look to be the traditionally poor Japanese Auction house base package. Would hope the dealer takes some better ones when it arrives here.

Looks to be a nice example but needs to drop that price a ways.

Low KM and jap import means nothing, its a false economy. Could mean its done huge engine hours sitting in start stop traffic, wearing out 1st and 2nd in the trans, or it does a lot of short, cold, trips.

My first E36 was flogged out despite having 72,000km on the clock. Jap import. Jatco box was buggered (worse than most with twice as many KM), bushes and joints were floppy. 

• Like 2

Yup but NZ'ers have had it hammered into them that low KM's are better.  Some of the time they are.  But not always.

But I see that 12 year old car as a City traffic Crawler.

When i was looking for an E60 530d years ago I jumped on one that had done over 100,000KM's (OMG ITS REACH 100K IT'S GOING TO BLOW UP - Most NZer's probably).  It was a NZ New South Island car.  It felt new.  And I didn't have any issues with it the entire time I owned it.  Amazing car.  I think it had done 180,000 when I sold it.  Still felt and looked new.

• Like 1