Sign in to follow this  
Cammsport

Shill bidding?

This sort of thing definitely tickles the suspicious side of me and screams shill bidding. Auction had met reserve but the top two bidders have both pulled out? Owner offers a fixed price. Hopefully no one from here was genuinely interested. 

1341236409_Screenshot_20200124-154432_TradeMe.thumb.jpg.090a8fabee01d52f5f8f51ccbacccedb.jpg

Trademe really needs to do more about that. 

I've proven to them on 2 different auctions, shill bidding had taken place. 

On one of them my autobid was maxed and the the bidder that beat me had their bid removed about 3 minutes before closing (despite having 100% positive feedback so clearly not one to f**k people around), the person hadn't asked for their bid to removed. 

The other I contacted the person who outbid me (they had their own car for sale) and they were the flatmate of the vendor. 

They should roll back any autobids when a top bid is removed. 

Edited by LemonHunter
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, Cammsport said:

1341236409_Screenshot_20200124-154432_TradeMe.thumb.jpg.090a8fabee01d52f5f8f51ccbacccedb.jpg

is the guy who runs it called alan? and its Shore European? they are pretty good though usually. 

You mean like the 2011 X1 that "sold" last week for $10,100 being offered for $10k?

Some vendors do remove bids of people with crappy trading histories, with them or others.

5 hours ago, LemonHunter said:

Trademe really needs to do more about that. 

I've proven to them on 2 different auctions, shill bidding had taken place. 

On one of them my autobid was maxed and the the bidder that beat me had their bid removed about 3 minutes before closing (despite having 100% positive feedback so clearly not one to f**k people around), the person hadn't asked for their bid to removed. 

The other I contacted the person who outbid me (they had their own car for sale) and they were the flatmate of the vendor. 

They should roll back any autobids when a top bid is removed. 

TM catch and act on people doing this all the time btw.

Ah, in both of my cases they gave zero fricks. 

Good to know they do chase it up. 

As they say - $9.650 is not a lot of money for a hell of a  lot of car ( or something to that effect)!

X6’s are so uygly they are cool! ?

• Like 2

The X6 is hijjuss. The sort of car you wouldn't look back at, unless to convince yourself it really is that bad.

Nice inside and nice to drive though.

No idea on servicing or maintenance costs, but I'd expect them to be 'exciting'.

On 1/24/2020 at 9:48 PM, LemonHunter said:

Ah, in both of my cases they gave zero fricks. 

Good to know they do chase it up. 

You should report people all the same tho! :)

As shown on a recent $1 reserve auction someone won on another forum im on, and trademe is allowing the seller to bail on the sale as the reserve set was "a mistake" and "being sold too low", trademe is a complete waste of time and money. No care and no responsibility. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Cammsport said:

Another interesting auction to watch. 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/2768408589

$1Res, guy is expecting $10k+. 320i pre-lci E91 with repair work done. I would be very surprised if it went for more than $7k.

bigger question is why you would spend 20k on a 320i? (even if Autosure were paying, speaking as a previous owner of a 320i)

Edited by balancerider
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, balancerider said:

bigger question is why you would spend 20k on a 320i? (even if Autosure were paying, speaking as a previous owner of a 320i)

I'm also surprised Autosure didn't just write the car off. Cheaper to replace than fix a 320i...

17 minutes ago, Matth5 said:

I'm also surprised Autosure didn't just write the car off. Cheaper to replace than fix a 320i...

Weird one. Autosure usually cap repair costs at like $6k. 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/2753258737

I'm keen on this, however the bids on this seem dodgy. Who has been on trademe for 7 years but never made a trade? Plus the bids were removed early on but have returned 

I was bidding on an E30. I had briefly led the bidding, but wasn't the high bidder.
Still, the auction has ended early. I found out while looking to see how high things had got.
No email, no reason given, just 'Withdrawn by Seller'.

23 hours ago, KwS said:

As shown on a recent $1 reserve auction someone won on another forum im on, and trademe is allowing the seller to bail on the sale as the reserve set was "a mistake" and "being sold too low", trademe is a complete waste of time and money. No care and no responsibility. 

I would love to see someone take that situation to court.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Driftit said:

I would love to see someone take that situation to court.

probably at least as much protection for auction buyers in NZ as there is for mom and pop investors on the NZX from deficient company directors.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2020 at 7:14 PM, Gaz said:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/2753258737

I'm keen on this, however the bids on this seem dodgy. Who has been on trademe for 7 years but never made a trade? Plus the bids were removed early on but have returned 

God damn that's a lot of car for the money it finished at

Capture.thumb.JPG.bf7357cba5e34bd38b01d20e21e35858.JPG

22 minutes ago, LemonHunter said:

Don't worry, the new owner will spend even more fixing it :D

• Haha 1

Nothing more expensive than a cheap BMW (Or Merc/Audi/Jag/Porsche/Range Rover/Bentley/etc)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LemonHunter said:

I thought I'd would go for less considering I just miss out on a facelift diesel with 100km less went for similar money 

I just bought a 2008 VW Touareg for 5k. 114k 4.2 V8 with good service history, needed a tow vehicle. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Herbmiester said:

I just bought a 2008 VW Touareg for 5k. 114k 4.2 V8 with good service history, needed a tow vehicle. 

Arent these more like $15k?