Sign in to follow this  
Sammo

E36 M3 for $15k anyone?

Mods, please move if already posted, I couldn't find a thread on this car that's been on TM for a long time and just dropped to $15k

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/m3/listing/2477132648

Anyone seen this? Seems very cheap although high kms and probably needs some love? 

Get rid of the tint, repaint the wheels and tidy the interior, could be a nice car. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I agree... $15k is a sharp price if it drives well. Spend another $5k on it and it could be mint.

• Like 2

It has Monroes all round, it won't drive well, but still good buying.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, aja540i said:

It has Monroes all round, it won't drive well, but still good buying.

Yeah, looks like it needs a little 'rescuing' but nothing major from the pics and description. 

Probably better on Monroes than the 190k + shocks it was on.

• Like 4

I feel like the number plate is familiar? Is it a former Bimmersport car somewhere?

3 hours ago, M3AN said:

Yeah, I agree... $15k is a sharp price if it drives well. Spend another $5k on it and it could be mint.

Some white paint and some stickers. Easy 30k.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

19 minutes ago, Driftit said:

Some white paint and some stickers. Easy 30k.

I was actually going to say that... got as far as editing my post above and then thought... "no Dave, let it be"... 

It did deserve to be said though...

Edited by M3AN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, M3AN said:

I was actually going to say that... got as far as editing my post above and then thought... "no Dave, let it be"... 

It did deserve to be said though...

Couldn't help myself. 

• Haha 1

Would recommend anyone looking at buying this car to get a PPI 

50 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Would recommend anyone looking at buying this car to get a PPI 

That's a given, but do you also know something you aren't sharing with the class? 

This whole "I got a ppi on it, be aware, but I won't tell you what it said" thing is getting old. 

27 minutes ago, KwS said:

That's a given, but do you also know something you aren't sharing with the class? 

This whole "I got a ppi on it, be aware, but I won't tell you what it said" thing is getting old. 

It was brought to us for a PPI so legally I can't share what we found unless the guy who had the PPI wishes to share it himself

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, KwS said:

Our Privacy Commissioner will have a differing view.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Olaf said:

Our Privacy Commissioner will have a differing view.

Nothing to do with privacy, it's not about a person... but I understand the commercial constraints of (re)sharing the report.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

Nothing to do with privacy, it's not about a person... but I understand the commercial constraints of (re)sharing the report.

It is all about privacy... whether we like it or not ?

Im not asking for the full report, but whats a friendly "all the bushes are stuffed and its leaking from everywhere" among forum users? If you arent going to buy it, why not share a quick little heads up instead of just saying "the report showed some things of concern" to let others know what to look for?

I do also understand the situation here where it wasnt Gaz that got the report but their dealership that carried it out, so kinda different.

1 hour ago, treone said:

It is all about privacy... whether we like it or not ?

Well my point was, specifically, that the PPI scenario has nothing to do with privacy... whether wre like it or not. ?

Privacy only relates to people, not things.

40 minutes ago, M3AN said:

Privacy only relates to people, not things.

Privacy also relates to information. You pay for  information, then you own it and can do with it whatever you like

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Privacy also relates to information. You pay for  information, then you own it and can do with it whatever you like

5 minutes ago, treone said:

Well said @Gaz ?

No, that's "confidentiality".

"Privacy" relates specifically to people and personal information.

Sorry guys but the distinction is really quite important.

• Like 1

Good point @M3AN. Privacy and confidentiality often do get confused and used interchangeably. Although I'm not completely sold on the 'confidentiality' aspect in this context. I like this summation of the two:

We often use the terms "confidentiality" and"privacy" interchangeably in our everyday lives. ... On the other hand, privacy refers to the freedom from intrusion into one's personal matters, and personal information. While confidentiality is an ethical duty,privacy is a right rooted in common law.

Trying to relate it back to the OP - if someone was seriously interested in this M3 then I would hope that they conduct due diligence that satisfies them. This may, or may not include comments and information made here. 

And lets all be honest here, most of us are not serious buyers, but would like to know all the 'dirty detail' on it ?.

IMO $15k + $7-8k to sort and you have a pretty reasonably priced appreciating classic - there you go I said it ? (yes I have an ulterior motive haha)

• Like 1

$15k + 50% to make it work? That sounds like a pass.

• Like 1

I know who the person was how got the PPI done & he is not a member here, I wont go into details, but lets say its not as good as the owner describes!!