Sign in to follow this  
scottr

Tyroola - anyone tried it?

Hi all, looking to get new tires for the wife's q7 and came across a site called tyroola, appears a similar model to hyperdrive (buy online, get shipped to a local fitter for install). Anyone tried them out? If so whats the experience been?

Thanks!

Interesting I couldnt get the tyre finder to work. Other option is to wait until Bridgetone has deal buy 3 get the 4th  free etc and get some RE003s. They are good performaance tyres for the money and lots guys here run them. 

Edited by Herbmiester

Have those on my bmw, good tyres but dont come in the size i need unfortunately. Same with pilot sport 4's. Size is 295/35/21.

Found their trademe account and a whirpool thread, feedback is eirher all good or not great at all (mainly crap comms and can take ages, have also sold very old but new tires as well). Looks like they drop ship from thier aussie arm.

Prices are great but not yet sure if its worth the risk as warrant  is due in 3 weeks and i need to replace old  tires that are falling apart.

Thats a big tyre, good luck looks you will have limited choices.

pickings are slim, pretty much pirelli p zero's and not much else.  feedback on tyroola is that they sell old/out of date tires which is why ythey're cheap. tony's tire service won't price-match them for that reason.

Hate to have to say it but stupid-big car equals stupid-big bills.

Tyres are cheap... wait until the brakes or suspension needs replacing...

Huh?  Hyper has heaps on offer.  I would go the Dunlop 050+ for $2k for 4 tyres.

I was talking about tyroola where 4 of the 11 tyres listed were pirelli pzeros. 

Dunlops hadnt had great reviews so have gone with bridgestone alenza 001 from elsewhere at a reasonable price.

Thanks for the help all.

Hi Team,

I used them to by a pair of WinRun R330 285/30/21's for my 2012 750i

All I can say is, bloody fantastic, $560 for the pair plus $16 delivery; for the driving I do they are just as good as the P-Zeros that were fitted.

Next purchase will be 245/35/21's for the front at $216 each, so I can re-shod the car for the half the price of one BMW spec P-Zero rear tyre.

Regards

nzld