Sign in to follow this  
B.M.W Ltd

Once Apon A Time

Gone are those days Glenn. Facebook killed it. As more and more ditch Facebook BS may one day rise again. 

• Like 1

Facebook is a PITA. Always the same questions, over and over... And while the keyboard warriors (living at home with Mum and Dad, all too often) love to say "do a search, noob", Facebook really doesn't lend itself to that.
Which is why I like forums. Facebook is 'quick fix' and keep in touch with distant friends and relatives - forums are useful sources for information, reference and discussion.

• Like 3

Facebook provides a messaging platform that's misused as a discussion platform.

Forums are a discussion platform. The primary indicators are separate threads and the chronological order of posts.

I despise reverse chronological presentation, it panders to people with short/no attention span and you lose all context.

• Like 2

Someone will have to explain the search results to me because beers but I agree re: the facebook sentiments, I don't use it, half the country doesn't and never will. It seems strange so many places, it's their only option to enter comps, contact them, advertising, etc pretty much halving their market but oh well. Forums reign supreme for functionality but people are obsesed with themselves and willing to throw their privacy our the window to take a picture of their dinner so there we go.