Sign in to follow this  
amdaman

Early F10's - Any Buying Advice?

Hi - at some point this year I might replace the E39 with one of these, I love the E39 but would like some more toys.  I've seen some examples of these going for 10k which frankly seems ridiculous.

Is there anything I should know before buying once of these?  What engines to avoid etc?  A 528i just went for 10k yesterday and it looked rather good.  I'm more bothered about reliability and economy than speed.

I have tried to do a search but it's not bringing anything back so if you can link me to threads that would be good.

Cheers

Would not recommend a 528i as the engine is way too underpowered for that particular vehicle. Personally would spend bit more for a 530D if you are thinking of keeping it long term 

6 hours ago, HypedKidz said:

Would not recommend a 528i as the engine is way too underpowered for that particular vehicle. Personally would spend bit more for a 530D if you are thinking of keeping it long term 

Really? It’s 240hp, would have thought that would be fine and relatively well balanced for most people. 

i really don't need much power as it will just be going up and down the motorway.  I notice there's a 535d for sale at the moment for 13k.. that's unreal value but it's done 220k or something.  I'm not sure how well these respond to those miles.

Maintenance is far more important than miles. And really, at 220k it's probably had most of the stuff than needs replacing replaced in the last 100k...

Edited by M3AN

On 2/19/2020 at 5:54 AM, NZ BMW said:

Really? It’s 240hp, would have thought that would be fine and relatively well balanced for most people. 

Drive it and you will feel how underwhelming it is, don't forget it is a very heavy car