Sign in to follow this  
jochen

How to reprogram Jap BMW radio to NZ frequencies..

Any help on E90 '07 model with i-drive is much welcomed in regards to changing the radio area from japan to oce

Regards, George

Nairobi, Kenya.

Do you have a local dealer close by ?

Hi Glen.. yes there is..

Suggest you talk to them...needs coding

If you do talk to them, do you mind sharing what their estimate or eventual price for the work is/was?

I'm stuck on Jap too. Although I don't listen to the radio, it would be good to have just in case.

If you do talk to them, do you mind sharing what their estimate or eventual price for the work is/was?

I'm stuck on Jap too. Although I don't listen to the radio, it would be good to have just in case.

Talk to Joe @ Eurosurgeon in Penrose

Thanks to AK330i. I exactly coded as below and it worked like a charm. Mine was a 2007 e92 335i. Saved me a few hundreds :)

The only thing to note is after coding shutoff the car and give it like 5 , 10 mins to start picking up NZ frequencies. When I checked immediately after coding, I saw FM and AM disabled. After a while they came up automatically.

These are the settings that I changed in the CCC idrive:

CHOST
 -------------------------------------------

LAENDERVARIANTE_GT
 ece

CTUNE

RDS_AF_FUNKTION_CCC
 rds_ein_af_automatisch

LAENDERVARIANTE_TUNER_ANT
 ece

CAPPL
 -----------------------------------------

LAENDERVARIANTE_TUNER
 ece 

Edited by Santosh
  • Like 1

Santos's.. Thanks for the feedback and guidance.. Is the a way to access the code through Idrive or one has to go through the odbc or cable connector.. Thanks

Hello all,

Can anyone please offer some advice? I have an e46, 2004 330xi Japanese export. I have managed to change the head unit language into English and change the radio frequency to a scale that recieves local radio - thanks to those that posted the info on this site.

I'm now trying to get the Nav to work. I just got a second hand MkIV Nav unit today and hoped that it would be a plug and play solution, however when I removed the existing Jap Nav Unit, I realised that the wires / plugs were different!

Do any of you guys know how I can connect the new MkIV Nav unit? Is there somewhere where I can either order a bespoke convention loom or any other information / guides on the web?

I have read through this forum in detail - but there is nothing (least not that I could find) that covers this.

Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Jason

Thanks to AK330i. I exactly coded as below and it worked like a charm. Mine was a 2007 e92 335i. Saved me a few hundreds :)

The only thing to note is after coding shutoff the car and give it like 5 , 10 mins to start picking up NZ frequencies. When I checked immediately after coding, I saw FM and AM disabled. After a while they came up automatically.

CHOST

LAENDERVARIANTE_GT
 ece

CTUNE

RDS_AF_FUNKTION_CCC
 rds_ein_af_automatisch

ece

CAPPL

LAENDERVARIANTE_TUNER
 ece 

CHOST

LAENDERVARIANTE_GT
 ece

CTUNE

RDS_AF_FUNKTION_CCC
 rds_ein_af_automatisch

ece

CAPPL

LAENDERVARIANTE_TUNER
 ece 

Please share and or explain the procedures used..

Hi Jochen thanks for the informaton re stereos, the compatability of the newer stereos with older cars and multi info displays was exactly what i needed to know. cheers johnstations

Hi jochen can advise how to reprogram my car idrive unit ccc to Newzealand stations my unit dosen't have any MODE button

so not sure how to reprogram can you help

It's a shame... but Jochen hasn't been on this forum since the 8th of January 2015 and others that can help with these problems seem to have moved on as well

Edited by *Glenn*

After a bit of fiddling getting all of the software installed and working, I successfully coded the changes referenced in Santosh's earlier post on my own 2008 E92. in the FM radio under "All Stations" I now have all of the regular stations appearing :)

However, when I go into manual frequency selection, it's still got the old Japanese frequencies... Not sure why that is, but I'll check again tomorrow.

Big thanks to Santosh for the tips on installing everything, it's a bit of a minefield, but good once you get it working.

just wondering how to reporgrame my BMW 528i -2010 it is a Jap import and want to convert radio to NZ

On 1/15/2017 at 1:41 AM, tonym said:

just wondering how to reporgrame my BMW 528i -2010 it is a Jap import and want to convert radio to NZ

You have an E60 or an F10, you need to use BMW software to reprogram.

Try Guido at the BMW workshop on  317 Great North Rd, Grey Lynn, Auckland 1245

• Like 1

On 08/04/2006 at 11:30 PM, jochen said:

Here's a useful 'How to' for BMW fans:

HOW TO CHANGE JAPAN RADIOS TO NZ FREQUENCIES - WITHOUT A BAND EXPANDER

Factory fitted BMW radios from around 2000 onwards have a 'world tuner' inside them. The same radio can be used anywhere in the world.

The radio can be programmed to operate in JAPAN mode (FM = 70-90), or in OCEANIA or EUROPE mode (FM=87.5-108).

They also do a USA and CANADA mode but that's not useful here in NZ.

BMWs imported from Japan have their radios set to JAPAN mode (wonder why?)

These can be readily re-programmed to NZ frequencies as follows:

1. Switch on radio

2. Within 10 seconds, press and hold down the 'm' button until the serial number appears (takes around 10secs) to enter the radio's service menu.

3. Use the + or - buttons to cycle through the menu settings until you see AREA JAPAN or just JAPAN (varies a bit depending on radio)

4. Use the 1...6 buttons to select either OCEANIA (or OCE) or EUROPE - both are valid settings for New Zealand - see below for differences.

5. Switch radio off to store the change

Voila! Your radio has now bee reprogrammed to receive NZ FM frequencies!

Also, the cool RDS features will now be available.

Differences between OCEANIA and EUROPE modes on an E46 Business RDS radio (other radios may vary slightly):

a) EUROPE has LW, MW and FM. OCEANIA has AM and FM only.

B) OCEANIA shows ST for a FM stereo station; EUROPE doesn't show anything for stereo or mono FM stations.

c) EUROPE has the softkeys set to RDS and TP; OCEANIA has RDS and PTY

Which ever one you choose - OCEANIA or EUROPE - is up to you, they both work.

I hope you find this info useful, and that the forum moderator makes this a 'sticky'

PS: If anyone wants any info or help with BMW radios - talk to me. I've helped around 80 BMW owners convert from Japan radios to proper NZ radios for their BMWs, thus keeping the vehicle in original condition, and obtaining proper radio reception. Send me an email for more info!

Cheers, Jochen

what is your email address ? How can I do this for 2008 BMW 116i E87, it doesn't have M button at all

On 2006-4-8 at 11:30 PM, jochen said:

Here's a useful 'How to' for BMW fans:

HOW TO CHANGE JAPAN RADIOS TO NZ FREQUENCIES - WITHOUT A BAND EXPANDER

Factory fitted BMW radios from around 2000 onwards have a 'world tuner' inside them. The same radio can be used anywhere in the world.

The radio can be programmed to operate in JAPAN mode (FM = 70-90), or in OCEANIA or EUROPE mode (FM=87.5-108).

They also do a USA and CANADA mode but that's not useful here in NZ.

BMWs imported from Japan have their radios set to JAPAN mode (wonder why?)

These can be readily re-programmed to NZ frequencies as follows:

1. Switch on radio

2. Within 10 seconds, press and hold down the 'm' button until the serial number appears (takes around 10secs) to enter the radio's service menu.

3. Use the + or - buttons to cycle through the menu settings until you see AREA JAPAN or just JAPAN (varies a bit depending on radio)

4. Use the 1...6 buttons to select either OCEANIA (or OCE) or EUROPE - both are valid settings for New Zealand - see below for differences.

5. Switch radio off to store the change

Voila! Your radio has now bee reprogrammed to receive NZ FM frequencies!

Also, the cool RDS features will now be available.

Differences between OCEANIA and EUROPE modes on an E46 Business RDS radio (other radios may vary slightly):

a) EUROPE has LW, MW and FM. OCEANIA has AM and FM only.

B) OCEANIA shows ST for a FM stereo station; EUROPE doesn't show anything for stereo or mono FM stations.

c) EUROPE has the softkeys set to RDS and TP; OCEANIA has RDS and PTY

Which ever one you choose - OCEANIA or EUROPE - is up to you, they both work.

I hope you find this info useful, and that the forum moderator makes this a 'sticky'

PS: If anyone wants any info or help with BMW radios - talk to me. I've helped around 80 BMW owners convert from Japan radios to proper NZ radios for their BMWs, thus keeping the vehicle in original condition, and obtaining proper radio reception. Send me an email for more info!

Cheers, Jochen

Hi Jochen  - or anyone can help please! I just bought the e61 2006 525 Stationwagon and am wanting to change the radio frequency from Japan to NZ. I am stuck trying to locate the "M" button? Any help with this... Cheers

Read my previous post. It needs coding. Talk to Joe. google Eurosurgeon

Hi
I have a 2007 750i

Wanna change the radio frequency from Japan to Oceania or Europe & i read Jochen's post on the same

It says when the Radio turns on press the 'M" button - where is that "M' button ??? I don't see it anywhere

Is it the Main i drive round knob you referring to ... Please help ...

Thanks