Sign in to follow this  
jochen

How to reprogram Jap BMW radio to NZ frequencies..

Hi all, I bought a 2012 F20 120i and need to change the region on the radio fromJAP to NZ Where is the "M" bottom in this model? Cheers !

Just bought a Japanese import 130i (2006) can I reprogram the radio to nz frequencies myself or do I need to seek professional help?

Hi Everyone, 

Happy to code this for free anyone in Wellington ..! PM directly 

1 hour ago, Stevewashere said:

Yip, Im in the same situation as others, need to figure out how to change the radio in an F20 to NZ frequencies

F series is done via Esys coding. 

• Like 1

currently im using 2008 mini cooper s r56 japan spec. it is possible to reprogramme the audio.

thank yoy

azme

Edited by azme
add info

41 minutes ago, azme said:

currently im using 2008 mini cooper s r56 japan spec. it is possible to reprogramme the audio.

thank yoy

azme

Yep  easy - 021 0894 14 11

Hi. I'm from Poland and I've just bought 2005 E46 330Ci from Japan and I've just successfully managed to change FM radio frequency range to OCE, with the help of instruction from this thread :) 

But... I still don't understand why my MK4 radio displays completely different menu (strange interface) than EUR BMW versions. In my trunk I don't have DVD reader for Navigation. Just two "modules" visible: HDD NAVIGATION SYSTEM and PC CARD slot. Can I somehow upload new MK4 EUR firmware via PC CARD/SD Card emulator to get "normal looking" menu?

Here is how it looks: https://imgur.com/a/lR529Ua

Edited by Baree

Hi guys,

I have a 2011 E91 320i imported from Japan with a CIC radio unit. I have modified the Vehicle Order to Australian radio & language (852 to 853 & 807 to 810). This appears to have kind of worked, I can manually tune to the full NZ range, however the stations don't all show up under FM like they should. When I set RADIO_COUNTRY back to 'japan' I do get the few stations below 90MHz showing normally, but when I change to 'australien' I don't see then anymore, even though I can manually tune to them. It isn't the end of the world but would be nice if it was working properly. I have attached the CIC coding from NCS-Expert.

It also seems like the reception isn't as good at the higher frequencies, does anyone know if the antenna is identical or could there be a difference to the local market???

Thanks,

Michael

fa.trc FSW_PSW.TXT

Hi Bikram, 

its very easy. You need the right cable and bmw software for coding. Would have helped if you were based in Wellington. Hopefully someone on this forum can help and located in your area. :)

On 12/9/2020 at 3:04 PM, Bikram said:

I have BMW 320i 2011 model can u help me to convert radio from Japan to nz

Hi, I can help you if you are in Auckland.Thanks

Hi.

Can anyone help reprogram E65 radio to receive NZ frequencies. Thank you

Also if anyone wants to come in remotely via TeamViewer, I have K+DCAN Cable

Thank you..

Send me your read from the ccc unit. 

A big thanks to you Jochem.  I’m new to the Mini.  Was about to rip out the dash facia to get to the back of the stereo to install a FM band expander.  I scrolled down the google search page a little and found you post on the Simple reprogramming of the radio and Voila, done in a few minutes. Awesome.  👍🏻

Hello Jochem,

I imported a BMW 335i 2007 E93 from Japan in France, need to change my radio frequency.

Please could you provide me the software that I need in order to coding.

Best regards.

Serkan CEYLAN

Autoradio BMW.JPG

Hello Jochen - I have just purchased a 2008 120i convertible (E88). Do you know of a fix to expand the bandwidth for NZ radio frequencies?

best regards

Jonathan

2 hours ago, Jocray said:

Hello Jochen - I have just purchased a 2008 120i convertible (E88). Do you know of a fix to expand the bandwidth for NZ radio frequencies?

best regards

Jonathan

You can Google it, follow settings instructions and change region code to Oceania or similar in the stereo and should take care of it for you :)

Edited by E28E30

On 4/8/2006 at 11:30 PM, jochen said:

Here's a useful 'How to' for BMW fans:

HOW TO CHANGE JAPAN RADIOS TO NZ FREQUENCIES - WITHOUT A BAND EXPANDER

Factory fitted BMW radios from around 2000 onwards have a 'world tuner' inside them. The same radio can be used anywhere in the world.

The radio can be programmed to operate in JAPAN mode (FM = 70-90), or in OCEANIA or EUROPE mode (FM=87.5-108).

They also do a USA and CANADA mode but that's not useful here in NZ.

BMWs imported from Japan have their radios set to JAPAN mode (wonder why?)

These can be readily re-programmed to NZ frequencies as follows:

1. Switch on radio

2. Within 10 seconds, press and hold down the 'm' button until the serial number appears (takes around 10secs) to enter the radio's service menu.

3. Use the + or - buttons to cycle through the menu settings until you see AREA JAPAN or just JAPAN (varies a bit depending on radio)

4. Use the 1...6 buttons to select either OCEANIA (or OCE) or EUROPE - both are valid settings for New Zealand - see below for differences.

5. Switch radio off to store the change

Voila! Your radio has now bee reprogrammed to receive NZ FM frequencies!

Also, the cool RDS features will now be available.

Differences between OCEANIA and EUROPE modes on an E46 Business RDS radio (other radios may vary slightly):

a) EUROPE has LW, MW and FM. OCEANIA has AM and FM only.

B) OCEANIA shows ST for a FM stereo station; EUROPE doesn't show anything for stereo or mono FM stations.

c) EUROPE has the softkeys set to RDS and TP; OCEANIA has RDS and PTY

Which ever one you choose - OCEANIA or EUROPE - is up to you, they both work.

I hope you find this info useful, and that the forum moderator makes this a 'sticky'

PS: If anyone wants any info or help with BMW radios - talk to me. I've helped around 80 BMW owners convert from Japan radios to proper NZ radios for their BMWs, thus keeping the vehicle in original condition, and obtaining proper radio reception. Send me an email for more info!

Cheers, Jochen

@Jocray

Hi Jochen - thanks but this radio does not have an 'M' button. It's like the one pictured by Serkan above.

J

On 9/24/2019 at 7:32 AM, promo said:

Hi Everyone, 

Happy to code this for free anyone in Wellington ..! PM directly 

Hi - are you able to code an E88 with iDrive to NZ radio frequencies?

best

Jonathan

20 hours ago, E28E30 said:

You can Google it, follow settings instructions and change region code to Oceania or similar in the stereo and should take care of it for you :)

Thanks very much for this however my radio doesn't have the 'm' button - it's as pictured here..

IMG_7451.JPG

3 minutes ago, Jocray said:

Thanks very much for this however my radio doesn't have the 'm' button - it's as pictured here..

IMG_7451.JPG

You need to do some coding to the headunit to change it to NZ frequencies. You need NCS expert and a K+dcan cable to do it

1 hour ago, F10er said:

You need to do some coding to the headunit to change it to NZ frequencies. You need NCS expert and a K+dcan cable to do it

Much obliged.