jochen

How to reprogram Jap BMW radio to NZ frequencies..

Hi all, I bought a 2012 F20 120i and need to change the region on the radio fromJAP to NZ Where is the "M" bottom in this model? Cheers !

Just bought a Japanese import 130i (2006) can I reprogram the radio to nz frequencies myself or do I need to seek professional help?

Hi Everyone, 

Happy to code this for free anyone in Wellington ..! PM directly 

1 hour ago, BMW LOVER said:

how can i change my bmw's radio frequency 

What is the model and year of your car? 

Yip, Im in the same situation as others, need to figure out how to change the radio in an F20 to NZ frequencies

1 hour ago, Stevewashere said:

Yip, Im in the same situation as others, need to figure out how to change the radio in an F20 to NZ frequencies

F series is done via Esys coding. 

currently im using 2008 mini cooper s r56 japan spec. it is possible to reprogramme the audio.

thank yoy

azme

Edited by azme
add info

41 minutes ago, azme said:

currently im using 2008 mini cooper s r56 japan spec. it is possible to reprogramme the audio.

thank yoy

azme

Yep  easy - 021 0894 14 11

Hi. I'm from Poland and I've just bought 2005 E46 330Ci from Japan and I've just successfully managed to change FM radio frequency range to OCE, with the help of instruction from this thread :) 

But... I still don't understand why my MK4 radio displays completely different menu (strange interface) than EUR BMW versions. In my trunk I don't have DVD reader for Navigation. Just two "modules" visible: HDD NAVIGATION SYSTEM and PC CARD slot. Can I somehow upload new MK4 EUR firmware via PC CARD/SD Card emulator to get "normal looking" menu?

Here is how it looks: https://imgur.com/a/lR529Ua

Edited by Baree

17 hours ago, Baree said:

Hi. I'm from Poland and I've just bought 2005 E46 330Ci from Japan and I've just successfully managed to change FM radio frequency range to OCE, with the help of instruction from this thread :) 

But... I still don't understand why my MK4 radio displays completely different menu (strange interface) than EUR BMW versions. In my trunk I don't have DVD reader for Navigation. Just two "modules" visible: HDD NAVIGATION SYSTEM and PC CARD slot. Can I somehow upload new MK4 EUR firmware via PC CARD/SD Card emulator to get "normal looking" menu?

Here is how it looks: https://imgur.com/a/lR529Ua

It's the Japnav unit that makes it look like that. To change this to euro spec you have to remove that nav unit in your picture and install a mk3 CD or mk4 DVD unit. There is plenty of them on ebay. I converted mine a few years ago, and it worked well. Its quite an involved job. There is a guide on how to do it attached below, but it is for an e39. Pretty sure you could use it for e46 as they are the same unit, but you may have to compare the wiring diagrams. Have also attached a photo of a mk3 CD and mk4 DVD units.

20191108_195712.jpg

20191108_201104.jpg

e39_jap_2_euro_nav_conversion_mar09.pdf

Edited by NRJ