Sign in to follow this  
beemwr

e36 m44 ECU/DME EWS 3 Delete/immo

M44 in e30 race car has DME 0 261 203 667 with EWS 3 D module,antenna, key chip all linked and manual won't start

Diagnostics have power all over aprt from an error code 148 from DME. Thinking DME issue/stopping starting.

Is there another ECU/DME 88pin out there that would work that doesn't have EWS as I don't need that facility?

Where we are at in week 2:

1.Thanks to Blackie for giving information about what he did to overcome an EWS 3 problem from an engine swap: he had a trademe trader offering a 'flashing' remedy to delete $100 or he could have had the same trader doing a manual delete for $150. I didn't find that trader & Blackie has yet to come back with a contact, if he is able.

2. A bigTHANK-YOU to Brent, from BMWWorld, for validating the notion of using the m42 loom and ecu. We are doing that now. So far only issue has been getting the individual coil cluster. Luckily after a day or two, dah,I remembered I had a spare set from an e30 m42 engine that I bought from a ChCH Bimmersporter several years ago, to have as a spare for my e30 318is.(He was slotting in an e36 2.8. I wonder whether he ever regretted doing that.) I had a plan to put it in an e30 sedan roller, unfortunately my e30 318is race car took a big hit on the left side and needed those doors and a few weeks ago the right side took an even bigger hit now will be a recipient of the remaining doors! Sad because the shell is/was rust free. I digress, I am hoping in week 3 to have the m44 engine running.